News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

FIRMWARE Mouse support !!!

Started by TotO, 17:46, 28 August 12

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

Hello!

Looking some "mouse based" topic here, I though that it will be nice to use one "for true" on BASIC.
The idea was to no more display arrow chars and fire letters, but doing that:

- Move = Cursor move
- Button1 = COPY
- Button2 = SHIFT
- Button3 = ENTER

So, you can really use the AMX mouse for moving the cursor trough the screen, copy texts with the ghost cursor and back to the line. :D

This afternoon, the dream come true... Thank you SyX for this nice firmware update. :)
Work great on a real CPC. For testing, here the files for UK 464, 664 and 6128.
(with a joystick too, but not ergonomic at all :p)

Enjoy,

TotO.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

This seems to be a great ROM for the LowerROM board from Bryce! I'll check it out soon :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

Hehe. I hope that you will like it. :)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Wow, this is really great - at least, it's got great potential. Next step: make a version of QuickQMD with a Norton-style manager and mouse support... w00t!

MiguelSky

Finally I got the time to test :) Nice work !! Any possibility to enable for PS/2 mouse using?

TotO

Quote from: MiguelSky on 18:32, 13 September 12
Finally I got the time to test :) Nice work !! Any possibility to enable for PS/2 mouse using?
Thank you for trying. :)
It work through a PS/2 to joystick adapter.

TFM

For this you probably have to sacrifice parts of the ROM like the FILL routine (nobody needs it, and it takes a LOT of space actually).
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

The BASIC FILL command don't use it ???

Bryce

With this piece of hardware: PS2Mouse - CPCWiki you can use it not just with PS/2, but with USB too.

Bryce.

MiguelSky

Quote from: Bryce on 22:18, 13 September 12With this piece of hardware: PS2Mouse - CPCWiki you can use it not just with PS/2, but with USB too.
Hey Bryce, I have the only USB version of this  :)  But I was thinking in the SFII PS/2 port.

Bryce

That might be more difficult to implement, but you'd have to ask TotO and he'd need to find someone with an SFII to test it.

The USB version will work with PS/2 mice too if you have an adapter like this: http://www.lindy.de/lindyshop/pictures/70510big.jpg

Bryce.

TotO

The Mouse Firmware can't support the SymbiFace II real mouse port, because it not use the keyboard keys.
It would be necessary to rewrite a full Firmware to support "new" hardwares.

RockRiver

Would be hard work implement it to the other languages firmwares? Spanish, French...  ::)
Most of my CPC machines has spanish keyboard  :'(

Thanks TotO, great idea! again...

TFM

Quote from: TotO on 09:43, 14 September 12
The Mouse Firmware can't support the SymbiFace II real mouse port, because it not use the keyboard keys.
It would be necessary to rewrite a full Firmware to support "new" hardwares.
Right, and therefore the FILL routine will be deleted in the ROM :-) This provides enought space.
Let me know if you need a routine to check the SF2-mouse.
TFM of FutureSoft