News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

FPGAmstrad on MiST-board

Started by freemac, 03:04, 21 March 15

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 14:14, 17 June 15
It uses a flux capacitor, a small cardboard box and a sprinkling of Unicorn tears, but it's not working properly yet, it morphs into a 1541 sometimes :D

Bryce.
Oh :( just in appearance or does it *still* take several minutes to load a game? Damn the c64 discs were slow!
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

freemac

New version : r003.10 + r003.10 firmware crc16

I gain in robustness (power up ok tomorrow) and stability (no crash during use)  8)

* Updating just the core gain in RAM initialization (good RAM init sequence and filling with 0 at start up)
* Updating the firmware gain in dsk/ROM loading, but it is not an official one (better to wait an official version), as I made it by myself, it does improve Amstrad but I don't know about border effects in others cores than Amstrad one   ::)
* Stability is ok since r003.8 : Stability evidence : Gryzor, at first screen do press ESC to switch from "FX" to "MUSIC", and press fire... music is now back !

seanb

Quote from: Bryce on 14:14, 17 June 15
It uses a flux capacitor, a small cardboard box and a sprinkling of Unicorn tears, but it's not working properly yet, it morphs into a 1541 sometimes :D

Bryce.

No sticky back plastic?
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

freemac

I updated my firmware fork : amstrad_150729_r003.10.crc16.firmware.upg

It is not yet merged with last firmware version of MiST, but it is a cool robust tested version  8)

Gryzor

Ahhh can't wait to test it!!

freemac

Gryzor

What? Tells us! It shows pictures on screen?! :D

freemac

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:44, 13 August 15
What? Tells us! It shows pictures on screen?! :D
At this step I can change dsk without reset, and launch some more complex dsk. Here I launched art studio from first dsk and open some pictures from several RESET#20 dsk  8)
WIP.

Gryzor

Ohhh that's useful indeed! :) Yay!

freemac

r004 is out !

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-binaries/blob/master/cores/amstrad/amstrad_150831_r004.txt

r004 - "MecaShark" Floppy Disk Controller

This version is using a fully new implementation of FDC :
* writing on disk is done directly on sdcard dsk file
* change disk without have to reset
* read irregular track-size disks supported
* drive A and B : easy file copy using Sym-Commander
This version does also implement officially :
* RAM extension (+512KB)
* ROM extension (+4MB) *.eZZ (lowerROM) *.e00-*.eFF (upperROM)
This version does also fix :
* "WinCPC" dsk format, welcome SymbOS :)
* Bootloader FAT32 large SDCARD (>2GB)

Notes :
- for this version you need to defrag sdcard...
- double side dsk are not supported yet (two disks on one dsk file)

TFM

Hello.  :)  Is there a step by step protocol how to install the CPC core?
Where to put ROMs? How to call them? Does the folder need a special name?

For other computers very well written stuff is out there, but I couldn't find something for the CPC.

Any help is appreciated.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

freemac

Quote from: TFM on 19:11, 03 September 15
Hello.  :)  Is there a step by step protocol how to install the CPC core?
Where to put ROMs? How to call them? Does the folder need a special name?

For other computers very well written stuff is out there, but I couldn't find something for the CPC.

Any help is appreciated.
Hi  ;)

Doc is here : CoreDocAmstrad · mist-devel/mist-board Wiki · GitHub

In you sdcard at root, you need : core.rbf (amstrad_150904_r004.1.rbf renamed), OS6128.eZZ, BASIC1-1.e00, AMSDOS.e07, AST-Equinox.dsk
First disk at root is auto-inserted in |A.

F12 gives access to OSD menu (it's common to each MiST-board cores, it helps to change dsk, to change core, and to update MiST-board firmware (firmware.upg))

You can add also add your ROMs like this : FOSC-A.e0A, FOSC-B.e0B, FOSC-C.e0C, FOSC-D.e0D

At this time TFM does start but I don't succeed in loading dsk (my instruction FDC set seems too small yet, and I don't really know how to use it), and have'nt yet implemented a IDE access, I strangely didn't succeed the jump to AMSDOS from FutureOS lowerROM (prehaps my FDC small instruction set border effect).
I have just discovered IDE doc... SYMBiFACE II:I/O Map Summary - CPCWiki
Vortex Disc Drives - CPCWiki

About Vortex, a question : if I understand, drive A and B can manage classic+Vortex, and C and D can manage Vortex only formats ?

Ast

Equinox was the first demo i do.... I's a little bit strange.

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

freemac

Quote from: Ast on 10:35, 04 September 15
It is Ast-Equinox  ;D

freemac

Quote from: Ast on 10:35, 04 September 15
In each realise of CoreAmstrad I have significative unlocked stuff, some of them are out of GameBases/RomManagement validation set (2000 games validated)

Ast-Equinox was the first demo I unlocked, I remember I was exchanging some interrupt code with Markus Hohmann (JavaCPC)

As it is a validation dsk, I add it to mist-binaries/cores/amstrad/OS6128_BASIC1-1_AMSDOS_MAXAM at master ·
In this folder you can found also :
- demos from cpcrulez (AST-Equinox and OFE_Tome_1-Little_One)
- demos from pouet.net (Wolfenstrad)
- STarKos from Grimware
- ram_test.dsk from CPCWiki
- PROTEXT and MAXAM from CPCWiki
- CrazyCar from CPC-Power (strangly not referenced by TOSEC gamebase)

TFM

Thank you very much for your answer!  :) :) :)

Quote from: freemac on 09:03, 04 September 15
At this time TFM does start but I don't succeed in loading dsk (my instruction FDC set seems too small yet, and I don't really know how to use it), and have'nt yet implemented a IDE access, I strangely didn't succeed the jump to AMSDOS from FutureOS lowerROM (prehaps my FDC small instruction set border effect).

About Vortex, a question : if I understand, drive A and B can manage classic+Vortex, and C and D can manage Vortex only formats ?

- If you need help with FDC stuff let me know. One problem could be the ready signal. On real drives the Ready signal becomes only valid when the drive is really ready to go.
- If you include the FutureOS lower ROM then it's like an autostart, you won't get back to Amsdos, because the firmware lower rom is not there (it's always worth to compare to a real cpc or a good emulator).
- FutureOS can deal with Data, System and Vortex formats on all drives. Vortex only if the drive has 80 tracks and 2 sided. So a DSK must have that too.

PM me if I can help in any way. :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

funkheld

cps6128 does not work in MIST.

this is the :
firmware_150825.upg in the MIST
amstrad_150904_r004.1.rbf  (core.rbf)

sd-karte see : sd-karte.jpg
in the ordner "OS6128_BASIC1-1_AMSDOS_MAXAM" see sd-karte-1.jpg

what is the : OS6128.eZZ ?

greeting

Ast

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

freemac

Quote from: funkheld on 17:21, 04 September 15

this is the :

greeting

eZZ is extension for lower ROM, If cps6128 is another lower ROM just rename OS6128.eZZ into OS6128.ZZZ in order to turn it off and rename cps6128.ROM into cps6128.eZZ :)

Extension for ROM are : eZZ (lowerROM) e00 with 00 from 00 to FF (hexa values 0123456789ABCDEF)

I tested successfully the french AZERTY OS6128.ROM (but I had to change also BASIC1-1.ROM in order to do that correctly)

freemac

Quote from: funkheld on 17:21, 04 September 15

this is the :

greeting
Content of OS6128_BASIC1-1_AMSDOS_MAXAM folder shall be put at root of sd (ROMs), except dsk file that you can select using OSD menu...

TFM

Is it possible to take such an SD card, copy it to an folder, crunch it and attach it here?
TFM of FutureSoft

freemac

Done  8)

* I removed also OS6128.ROM from my repository (letting only OS6128.eZZ), as it the problem is over  ;)
* Don't forget to defrag sdcard...

freemac

r004.7.2 : game unlocked R-Typee (rtypeee.dsk) + some debug + FINAL END-USER VERSION compiled

r004.7.2 core.rbf :
http://github.com/mist-devel/mist-binaries/blob/master/cores/amstrad/amstrad_151013_r004.7.2.rbf

ROMs and dsk pack (does contains rtypeee.dsk...) :
http://github.com/mist-devel/mist-binaries/blob/master/cores/amstrad/OS6128_BASIC1-1_AMSDOS_MAXAM.zip

Just rename amstrad_151013_r004.7.2.rbf into core.rbf, and uncompress all files from zip into "root of sdcard".

Gryzor

Ohhh nice!!! Thank gods for the weekend :)

freemac

Spoiler: ShowHide
73.89% of games preselected by Markus does run fine on CoreAmstrad r004.7.2

CoreAmstrad/MarkusGameBaseTestbench at master · renaudhelias/CoreAmstrad ·