News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

FPGAmstrad on MiST-board

Started by freemac, 03:04, 21 March 15

Previous topic - Next topic

freemac

CoreDocAmstrad - mist-board - documentation for the Amstrad core - Firmware and FPGAmstrad - CPCWiki

Here a deploy of my FPGAmstrad project into MiST-board.
MiST-board is a final FPGA platform (usable by everyone), having pro competition joysticks in USB  :P
dsk needs being simple format, and they are "read only" (not written into sdcard)
some cpcrulez demos are running on it :)
Pressing two buttons (not the reset one) does make a RAM dump into file DUMP.DMP (validating MiST-board capacity about future dsk write on sdcard)

Sound was improved  8)

External memory access was relieved

Kris

Nice to see that CPC is finally implemented  ::)

Gryzor

Ah it's your core? Man, been waiting for this for years :) Please, do keep us updated here!!!

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

freemac

Quote from: TFM on 04:11, 23 March 15
Very nice! How much RAM and ROM does it "emulate" / provide?
Added to TODO-list :)
At this step it's just 128KB not extended RAM. And 4 ROM, the 4th one is fixed to MAXAM.ROM.
MiST-board has more external RAM, so I shall be possible to extend that.

Gryzor

So are ROM slots open for the user to load his own?

freemac

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:00, 23 March 15
So are ROM slots open for the user to load his own?
Not at the moment but it shall be easy to do, actually I do use only A(22..0) of external RAM (I'm using them for 64KB ROM + 128KB RAM + 178KB DSK), and MiST-board has A(24..0), so I have at minimum... 64+128+178=370<512KB *2*2 -1 so I have... around 512KB+1024KB free ?
2^24=16777216 /1024=16384KB normaly ?
So 256*16KB ROM= 4096KB ROM and 64KB lowerROM and 64K BaseRAM and 512KB RAM  and 178KB dsk shall do 4914KB<16384KB so in theory it does pass.
Last problem is saying "here no ROM, do read RAM" : it does make a mask of 256 bits, why not. I have also to find a way to attach rom name to placements, I think that a hexa number in extension can be fine, as myRom.R00 to myRom.RFF.
And finally that has to enter in MiST-board plaform at compilation...

Gryzor

Well, I know ROM support is quite down the road after more important features (and, of course: compatibility!). But it'd be nice to have, so thanks!

TFM

Oh ROM support and E-RAM is all I would need. But it all takes time.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

freemac

Quote from: TFM on 20:39, 23 March 15
Oh ROM support and E-RAM is all I would need. But it all takes time.  :)
576KB E-RAM and 256 ROMs now supported.

Finally I use myROM.e00 for a upper ROM inserted at 00.

I tested ok ROMs |LIGHTFORCE, |MAXAM and |PROTEXT  8)

I detected a problem while launching Arkanoid if my ROMs are not at bottom (00 and 07 fixed, and then 01 02 03 04...)

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Can't wait to get my board back :)

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:46, 29 March 15
Can't wait to get my board back :)

What board? That one you used to own?  ::)

Bryce.  :D

Gryzor

Oh, hm, yeah, that one. Well, I knew the risks...

Bryce

Don't worry, you'll get it back, it's just taking a bit longer because the 6128 and floppy repair from @VincentGR took priority this week. I've no idea why... It's not like I can be bribed or anything.... :)

Bryce.

Mmmmmm... Almonds :)

Gryzor

Ohhh so that's why @VincentGr was calling me yesterday to go for a cup of coffee, he wanted to placate me :D

Ion? Sure, lovely chocolate and of very pure quality. I prefer the milk one, but if you want almonds, name your price :)

freemac

New version : r003.8, using stereo as asked by Eric Forgeot.
Tested with STarKos1.21 sound track "Carpet" ... that's so cool !!!

I'm currently working about robustness (power up ok tomorrow) and stability (no crash during use), it's a better version, but I have some efforts more to do.

Gryzor

Heheh just in time as Bryce is finishing my MiST, hopefully :)

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:45, 17 June 15
Heheh just in time as Bryce is finishing my MiST, hopefully :)

Yes, I just need to install the Transmogrifier which will morph the case from an SF354 to an FD-1 if you choose the CPC Core :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

Damn that's impressive. You never cease to amaze me.

Bryce

It uses a flux capacitor, a small cardboard box and a sprinkling of Unicorn tears, but it's not working properly yet, it morphs into a 1541 sometimes :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

You're not fooling me. They told me once I could use a flux capacitor to turn banoffee ice cream into pistachio and it didn't work, so now I know you're just messing with me.

Bryce

You obviously didn't add the unicorn tears.

Bryce.

Gryzor

No, because they were not needed for the pistachio flavour. Still not fooling me.