News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad PCW keyboard on CPC or PC?

Started by zhulien, 19:57, 01 February 23

Previous topic - Next topic

PulkoMandy

Hello, finally the final version is assembled and ready to ship for the first few orders!

I ran into some strange issues with the AVR chips - I bought these from an untrusted source during the parts shortage back in 2021, apparently they didn't have their fuse set in the factor default, not sure what previous life they had... anyway, eventually I got them to work.

I made a page explaining what it does: https://pulkomandy.tk/projects/avrstuff/wiki/pcw2hid

Basically it allows to use the PCW keyboard on a PC. The keyboard is missing a few important keys for normal PC use. I guess I will let you all test it this way and let me know what changes you want, then make a new firmware.

It will work with both the 912 and 8512 keyboards (and probably the *256 versions as well, but I don't have those to test, as far as I know they are identical anyways).

I will shortly send messages to all the people who preordered one for arranging payments and shipping (still need to finish testing with the 8512 keyboard first, I expected it would work just the same, but it seems it needs a little more time to initialize and this confuses my code?)

zhulien

I received my PCW keyboard adapters today, many thanks!