News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Gotek USB in a CPC6128

Started by Gryzor, 17:01, 18 March 14

Previous topic - Next topic

pelrun

It's in the readme for the serialbridge software (send an email, basically.)

Jeff, at one point I looked at the serial data being sent by the bridge, and I only saw it send one 7F byte per restart. When that gets no response, the bridge never makes another attempt - I don't know what it is waiting for.

Guy0me

Amigastore sold their Floppy Emulator Goteks with the HxC firmware !  :D
You can choose the option.
Warning !
the price is more expensive than the original Gotek.. of course the license is included.

http://amigastore.eu/en/323-usb-floppy-emulator-gotek.html#/gotek_usb_stick-none/floppy_drive_data_cable_extension_45cm-without_cable/gotek_firmware-hxc_amiga_atari_amstrad_spectrum

they are located in Spain  ;) and can delivred in europe and maybe in the entire world.

TotO

Close to 50€ for a "20€" drive and a "10€" license[nb]Price if the shop only bough 1 license... I doubt...  :-\ [/nb], Welcome to the Commodore Business Machine!  :laugh:
I will offer Gotek HxC for CPC at the ReSeT event, end of June. Welcome to the community!
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

a7mag3ddon

Its OK I got the firmware and licence direct from Jeff, cable, programmer and gotek will be here today or Friday and all less than £35

talrek

Hi,
just a question license is for one Gotek ?
I mean, if i want to equip internally, 3 computers of mine with HxC firmware (TO8D, CPC and Amiga for example) , i will have to pay 3x10 euros ? Is that right ?

a7mag3ddon

Yes per device. So 30euro

TotO

Exactly. It's why I will go to the ReSeT to allow CPC users to got it cheaper.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

jrodriguezv

Quote from: guyome on 13:46, 06 May 15
Amigastore sold their Floppy Emulator Goteks with the HxC firmware !  :D
You can choose the option.
Warning !
the price is more expensive than the original Gotek.. of course the license is included.

http://amigastore.eu/en/323-usb-floppy-emulator-gotek.html#/gotek_usb_stick-none/floppy_drive_data_cable_extension_45cm-without_cable/gotek_firmware-hxc_amiga_atari_amstrad_spectrum

they are located in Spain  ;) and can delivred in europe and maybe in the entire world.

I'm afraid that they are selling HM's firmware, not HxC. That's even worst because they are not allowed to sell that firmware by developer. That firmware es free to use so it's 20€ + 0€

TotO

No, the HxC firmware is not free.
Select Cortex instead on your link, and you will see the price drop.

jrodriguezv

Quote from: TotO on 13:59, 07 May 15
You are right! My fault!

Neil79

Quote from: TotO on 13:59, 07 May 15

Even if you just spent near £80 on a HxC?
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

TotO

I think that is sadly not related.

Guy0me

I have just got my first Gotek right now ! guys can you help me .. is there some folders to make or a file to boot on the usb key ?  ;D

a7mag3ddon

You need to get the firmware to flash it with first of all, you will need the header pins for the gotek and a USB TTL programmer.

Guy0me

Quote from: a7mag3ddon on 22:16, 11 May 15
You need to get the firmware to flash it with first of all, you will need the header pins for the gotek and a USB TTL programmer.
done that already

a7mag3ddon

If it drive now shows HxC on the display simply copy the Autobot.hle and .cfg file to root of a fat32 memory stick and your good to go, just stick all your hle games a - z and off you go

Guy0me

Quote from: a7mag3ddon on 22:22, 11 May 15
If it drive now shows HxC on the display simply copy the Autobot.hle and .cfg file to root of a fat32 memory stick and your good to go, just stick all your hle games a - z and off you go
Ok thank you

a7mag3ddon

I also did a cool microsd internal memory mod to mine, you can access the card by plugging in a USB to USB in the front to a PC to gain access for adding games and future updates ;-)

Beaps

So to summarise, for Gotek on CPC

- Ribbon cable for 3.5 modified to 3'
- A special file to flash to the Gotek to make it Amstrad friendly (like the Amiga CortexAmigaFloppyEmulator_1.05a.hex) if so where can I find this.
- Is there an archive of games that are already converted or do I have to do that myself. if so is it only .dsk files I can use?

Ta
B

Guy0me

It works !  8) finally ..  the only thing i don't like it's that i need to power down and up the machine to save the seetings on the autoboot.hfe .. a reset is not enough.. even if i unplug the usb card..

Jeff_HxC2001

Quote from: guyome on 21:39, 17 May 15
It works !  8) finally ..  the only thing i don't like it's that i need to power down and up the machine to save the seetings on the autoboot.hfe .. a reset is not enough.. even if i unplug the usb card..

Quite strange because you shouldn't have to do this. Have you the latest firmware ? (3.0.2.0a)

Guy0me

Quote from: Jeff_HxC2001
Quite strange because you shouldn't have to do this. Have you the latest firmware ? (3.0.2.0a)
No !  ;D i will update the firmware soon ! thanx

Beaps

Just read that it has to be the SFRM72-FU-DL version of the Gotek, is that right?

KaosOverride

No, any Gotek can be flashed with HxC firmware. Forget the first experiments with OEM firmwares :) That's the past!

You have a lot to read at this threath!!! Don't wait at the first page!! :)
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

TotO

Quote from: guyome on 21:39, 17 May 15It works !  8) finally .. 
For one time, it is a very clean work! :)
How have you closed the bottom gap to have this relust?