News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Gotek USB in a CPC6128

Started by Gryzor, 17:01, 18 March 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy0me

Quote from: TotO on 09:34, 18 May 15
For one time, it is a very clean work! :)
How have you closed the bottom gap to have this relust?
I used a plastic rack that I cut off the top part to glue it on the case, I stuck the lower part also,
of course and you will not like it
I had to cut the stems of the 3p floppy to make space... ;D

Kris

We may have a chance to develop a 3D printed front facia dedicated to Gotek integration into a CPC ;)

Guy0me

Quote from: Kris on 14:22, 18 May 15
We may have a chance to develop a 3D printed front facia dedicated to Gotek integration into a CPC ;)
yeah a front and inside rack with holes to put the stems in it .. that way we don't have to cut something in the CPC and it can hold himself in the case  :D ;)
in the C4CPC Topic there's a german guy who have a 3D Printer..

Beaps

Not as easy as I thought this....

I flashed the Gotek using the link Jeff provided. copied over the following to the usb stick

AUTOBOOT.HFE
HXCSDFE.CFG

switch on the CPC

and I get this

I typed cat and I drive A disc missing

a7mag3ddon

You flashed it using USB to TTL flasher? Should have HxC on display.

Token

Have you copied the UDP file? Then it require to press the 2 buttons on the GOTEK, then power up...

schombi

Trying to get my newly HxC flashed Gotek working as drive B: in my PCW8512, which has been modified for working with a 3.5" drive on B: before.

Two questions remain:
- Where/what to configure for a B: drive on a PCW?
- What is the autoboot.hfe about and where to get it?

Gryzor

Someone start selling these CPC-ready :D

CraigsBar

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:48, 24 May 15
Someone start selling these CPC-ready :D
or pcw ready. I'd live one in my 9512+
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

a7mag3ddon

They aren't difficult to do just try it!

CraigsBar

Quote from: a7mag3ddon on 19:13, 24 May 15
They aren't difficult to do just try it!
but for one (or 2) it's not worth the expence in the required cabling. And us there a flasher for osx? If not I need a PC too.

schombi

So, can someone confirm the Gotek with HxC firmware to be working with the PCW?

CraigsBar

Quote from: schombi on 19:27, 24 May 15
So, can someone confirm the Gotek with HxC firmware to be working with the PCW?
The regular HXC is, and as the flashed Gotek is reported to be 100% compatible.....

TotO

I have started to receive some Gotek for 3 peoples who have preordered it for the ReSeT event.
Easy to modify and program it. Took around 10mn for doing the job for each drive.

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

CraigsBar

Quote from: TotO on 21:05, 24 May 15
I have started to receive some Gotek for 3 peoples who have preordered it for the ReSeT event.
Easy to modify and program it. Took around 10mn for doing the job for each drive.
Are you ONLY doing this for the reset event? Are you able to provide them with your other boards on the website as well, as a kinda Flashing Service if we buy the drive and licence through you as well?

Just askin'

schombi

Thanks for confirming!

I now wonder how the (apparently required) Ready-Signal modification can be done to the Gotek. Looks like jumper JA is supposed to create a ready signal, but still the PCW cannot access drive B:, although two drives get recognized (like before with a 3.5" drive connected as B:)

TotO

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:09, 24 May 15Are you ONLY doing this for the reset event? Are you able to provide them with your other boards on the website as well, as a kinda Flashing Service if we buy the drive and licence through you as well?
My main problem is the drive in not only used on CPC, but on Amiga too. I don't want to fight against peoples who think that retro-computers is a business and they can steal peoples work to make money without approval. (Cortex firmware for example)
Peoples who already tried "low price" items on Amiga have received emails to increase prices or stop to not compete them. (A600 Vampire  for example)
If you thing that you can do hobby on Amiga to help peoples, don't be surprised to received lawers notifications...
For these reasons, no, I will not offer the Gotek/HxC on my website while it will be usable on Amiga.

But... My friends can send me a PM w/o problem if I can personally help them.  8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TotO

Quote from: schombi on 04:59, 25 May 15I now wonder how the (apparently required) Ready-Signal modification can be done to the Gotek. Looks like jumper JA is supposed to create a ready signal, but still the PCW cannot access drive B:, although two drives get recognized (like before with a 3.5" drive connected as B:)
On CPC, the JA jumper change nothing.
If the drive is put on B:, the activity led stay on and will not blink. (but it work)
I have sent an email about that to Jef_HxC2001 and I'm waiting an answer.

Jeff_HxC2001

The green LED is directly connected to the floppy drive select line, so nothing can be done in software.

BTW There is an firmware update available :

http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_drive_emulator/HXCFEUSB_HFE_beta_firmware.zip

http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_drive_emulator/USB_HFE_hxc_floppy_emulator_firmware_release_notes.txt

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------H----H--X----X-----CCCCC----22222----0000-----0000------11----------
----------H----H----X-X-----C--------------2---0----0---0----0--1--1-----------
---------HHHHHH-----X------C----------22222---0----0---0----0-----1------------
--------H----H----X--X----C----------2-------0----0---0----0-----1-------------
-------H----H---X-----X---CCCCC-----222222----0000-----0000----1111------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

31 may 2015: Firmware USB HxCFloppyEmulator v3.0.2.5a

- CPC & Shugart disk change signal timing corrected.
    - Dead lock issue while existing the direct access mode corrected.

a7mag3ddon

Do you know when .dsk will be implemented ? Is it far off in the distance or not long.

Jeff_HxC2001

Quote from: a7mag3ddon on 22:01, 31 May 15
Do you know when .dsk will be implemented ? Is it far off in the distance or not long.

There is so many request : IPF support, HD image support, ST, MSA,  LCD, DSK, various tools on differents machines, solves the issue.
So at least ~ 2 / 3 weeks i think...

a7mag3ddon

Ohhh that's great news. Not long at all.

Gryzor

Yup, it says right there on the page:

> USB STM32 HxCFloppyEmulator firmware upgrade[/size] [/size]v3.0.X.Xa[/size] (DSK file format support) (SOON[/size][/size])

TotO

Quote from: Jeff_HxC2001 on 22:05, 31 May 15
There is so many request : IPF support, HD image support, ST, MSA,  LCD, DSK, various tools on differents machines, solves the issue. So at least ~ 2 / 3 weeks i think...
Amiga users already have ADF. (and previously use Cortex FW)
May be, they should wait 2/3 weeks for the IPF implementation...  8)

seanb

IPF support on the HXC would be nice.
Most of my files are IPF and I can't convert them.
might look into a gotek instead for my Amiga
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!