News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

GX4000 cartridge options

Started by eto, 19:04, 23 October 22

Previous topic - Next topic

eto

So, since the C4CPC is not available for quite some time (and since mine seems to be failing now), are there any options to get some games on a GX4000 that don't require to create a single cartridge per game?

I remember that there have been some 32-in-1 cartridges on Ebay a few years ago, but they have disappeared and I also can't find any reference how to create them. 

Would it be possible to put more games on a single EPROM and get a menu to choose from a list of games? Maybe through NOCART (and maybe a way to support 360K discs on a 512KB Eprom)?

poulette73

I've already ordered a few items with this guy (ConnyFox): a trustworthy person, excellent communication and follow-up for shipping, and good contact for after-sales questions. 👍

Cwiiis

I've not heard from anyone using one yet, but there's also the BackBit Pro Cartridge that has GX4000/Plus support: https://store.backbit.io/product/backbit-pro/ - a bit pricey, but you can put in an order. It was available till quite recently, looks like it won't be till 2023 now though...