News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Acrylic Cases

Started by dodogildo, 13:47, 23 November 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dodogildo

This site makes and sells acrylic cases for several C64 modules   (I discovered them while trying to find a decent case for TFCIII+)

Do you think some of them are compatible sizewise with some our own hardware for CPC?
M'enfin!

Bryce

The link got swallowed by the Forums "We know better" script. Put it in quotations: "http\\...." to get around this.

Bryce.

Kris

Really nice results :) I Would really like to see a "custom case" for CPC :)

Bryce

They're pretty cool. You could probably make one yourself to the CPC cartridge dimensions, but the PCBs would need mounting holes in the corners to do it like they do.

Bryce.

P.s.: Was the link there all along and I was too stupid to see it? :)

dodogildo

Quote from: Bryce on 14:07, 23 November 15
P.s.: Was the link there all along and I was too stupid to see it? :)

No, damn link kept disappearing whatever I do, (even with the quotes) so I had to link the text via toolbar icon.
M'enfin!

chinnyhill10

Just a thought but if external expansion designers could make their boards fit inside a Raspberry Pi case, we could have extremely cheap cases available. Even good quality cases are only a couple of pounds each.

For example the Multiface expansion I have almost but not quite fits inside a Pi case.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Bryce

Yeah, but you're left with holes all over the place that you don't need. There are very cheap plastic boxes available if it doesn't need to match an exact dimension (such as cartridges). I usually plan my projects for a particular / cheaply available case.

Bryce.

gerald

Quote from: Bryce on 14:37, 23 November 15
Yeah, but you're left with holes all over the place that you don't need.
It was already the case for the multiface II and the Hackit.
They just put stickers on the holes  :D