News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

6128+

Started by BiNMaN, 11:38, 25 May 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Beaker succumb to peer pressure and drive for a while to get an awesome Plus machine?

For def.
7 (46.7%)
Fosho.
0 (0%)
You're kidding me, right? Go for it!
4 (26.7%)
Would drive around the world for it
1 (6.7%)
I'm a boring person, so I'm gonna say "no".
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Bryce

Castlebar isn't that far for you, and it's a nice car trip with a stop off in Galway for a pint :D Well worth it to get a 6128+.

Bryce.

beaker

Not too bad - only a 300 mile round trip from Mountcollins  :D

Bryce

Exactly! Only 300miles and it's all for a good cause! :D Besides, if you put it on ebay you'll probably get your petrol and the price of the pint out of it easily.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Is it 300 miles one way or round trip? I don't think it's much, I'd gladly do it...

beaker

Round trip... I just can't take the peer pressure  :laugh: 

Bryce

So the peer pressure is working? :)

In that case - We ALL think you should drive up there and collect the Plus :D

Bryce.

endangermice

I think the chance to get hold of a Plus is too good an opportunity to miss - you could make a proper holiday of it too which might justify the lengthy trip.

I have a push-bike at home that you're welcome to borrow it that helps  ;) [size=78%]...?[/size]
For all the latest Starquake remake news check out my website - www.endangermice.co.uk

Bryce

Quote from: endangermice on 16:13, 27 June 12
you could make a proper holiday of it

You've never been to Castlebar have you? :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

Peer pressure, eh? Poll open in 3...2...1...NOW!

endangermice

Haha - yes I see it's nothing like Temple Bar! Looks a lot like my local town when I was growing up. Strangely I hardly every go back there, certainly not for a holiday!
For all the latest Starquake remake news check out my website - www.endangermice.co.uk

beaker

Quote from: Bryce on 16:10, 23 June 12
Exactly! Only 300miles and it's all for a good cause! :D Besides, if you put it on ebay you'll probably get your petrol and the price of the pint out of it easily.

I don't know hey - it's like €60+ to fill up the tank and i get 280 miles out of that so I may just break even  ;D

I've voted on the poll  :P

ralferoo

I voted no. I think it'd be a shame if the plus ended up in a skip, which is what will happen if he doesn't drive to get it (feeling guilty yet), but I cannot approve of peer pressure being used to force someone to do something. A guilt trip is fine though. :)

FWIW, I used about €30 of fuel to rescue my 464 plus from its previous owner...

beaker

Cock it, it's still available as well so I can't use that as an excuse :(

XorA

Quote from: endangermice on 14:18, 22 June 12
In that case all you need is to burn the cartridge file that comes with WinAPE (CPC_PLUS.CPR in the ROM directory) to a 128KB EPROM and I think you're good to go!

I just had a look and GX4000 Tennis Cup is going on EBay at a buy it now price of £12.00 plus £2.50 UK postage which I reckon is worth a stab - then all you need to do is find someone willing to burn the file to an EPROM, pull the cartridge apart and de-solder the existing chip, install a socket and plug in your EPROM.

I suspect the ROM chip is 28pins - but having never seen one I don't know....

This is amusing as I think I just bought that cart and converted it to Basic + Burning Rubber, the cart had a M27C1001 inside it so I just de-soldered it, erased it, programmed it, mounted a socket put chip back in PCB and stuck PCB in 464+. One working CPC+ which didnt originally come with cart.

Badstarr

GET IT! GET IT! GET IT! and urmm GET IT!

It will be worth it, then you can turn it into an Über CPC! The car journey can't be worse than the one I had on the way to pick up my 464+. Some thoughtful person had fly tipped a load of melamine boards on a roundabout and them being white from my perspective it just looked like worn out road markings. That coupled with a torrential downpour sent my car flying off and nearly becoming part of a lamp post! fortunately I was only going about 7 miles an hour. Needless to say once I checked my wheels were still on I moved the fly tipped junk off the road so no one else could be harmed by them.

Why people dump rubbish like that is beyond me! I honestly thought that fortune wasn't looking too favourably at me owning a plus machine finally!
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)