News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

MegaFlash Progress

Started by Bryce, 20:25, 03 March 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ythcal

QuoteDEU: "Achtung! Sie manipulieren das OS! Dies behindert u. U. den Neustart des CPC."
        "ESC um abzubrechen."

I hate to be named "Sie" by my computer. Please make it "Du" or something neutral, like:
"Achtung! Das OS wird verändert! Dies behindert u. U. den Neustart des CPC."
"ESC um abzubrechen."

TFM

Quote from: Ythcal on 18:05, 27 June 11
I hate to be named "Sie" by my computer. Please make it "Du" or something neutral, like:
"ESC um abzubrechen."

Ok, so far so good:

ENG: "WARNING! You are going to alter parts of the OS! The CPC may not restart."
     "Read the handbook for more information. Press ESC to stop action."

SPA: "¡Cuidado! ¡Vas a alterar partes del S.O. y el CPC podría no reiniciarse!

DEU: "Achtung! Das OS wird manipuliert! Dies behindert u. U. den Neustart des CPC."
     "Weitere Informationen sind im Handbuch enthalten. ESC um abzubrechen."

I'm trying to use no Umlauts, only the CPC charset.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SyX

And the spanish version updated would be:

SPA: "¡Cuidado! ¡Vas a alterar partes del S.O. y el CPC podría no reiniciarse!
"
     "Lee el manual de instrucciones para más información. Pulsa ESC si deseas cancelar."     

redbox

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:14, 27 June 11
ENG: "WARNING! You are going to alter parts of the OS! The CPC may not restart."
     "Read the handbook for more information. Press ESC to stop action."

The "Press ESC to stop action" is not grammatically correct - the 'action' needs to be owned (so maybe "Press ESC to stop this action", or even easier "Press ESC to cancel"). 

Also, English tends to avoid "You" in an instruction because it sounds too strong, usually it's "This will" rather than "You will/are" (e.g. "This will alter parts of the OS and the CPC may not restart").

Or you could just leave it as it is, sounds nice to me in an efficient "written by a German" kind of way  :)

TFM

@Syx and Redbox: Thanks a lot for your help!

Now we got:

ENG: "WARNING! This will alter parts of the OS! The CPC may not restart."
     "Read the handbook for more information. Press ESC to cancel."

SPA: "¡Cuidado! ¡Vas a alterar partes del S.O. y el CPC podría no reiniciarse!"
     "Lee el manual de instrucciones para más información. Pulsa ESC si deseas cancelar."

DEU: "Achtung! Das OS wird manipuliert! Dies behindert u. U. den Neustart des CPC."
     "Weitere Informationen sind im Handbuch enthalten. ESC um abzubrechen."

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

redbox

:)

TFM

Quote from: redbox on 18:33, 27 June 11

:)

Right, now we need it in French. Anybody out there?
TFM of FutureSoft

Pentagon

Ummmmm.....

.....we are the last existing CPC Users in this world  :D

i think anybody of us should know, if we flash into Socket 0 or 7 that it could be a black screen result. Nothing could be damaged, i did that 10000 times.
is it really necessary to do that restrictive warning?

Hmmmmm....
.....wir sind die letzen CPC Überlebenden auf der Welt :-)

jeder von uns sollte doch eigentlich wissen, daß wenn man in der 0 oder 7 rumwerkelt, es einen schwarzen Bildschirm könnte. Aber es kann eigentlich nichts beschädigt werden,
hab ich 10000 mal gemacht.
Ist so eine "böse" Warnung wirklich notwendig?

Gruß
Tom / Pentagon

Bryce

Quote from: Ythcal on 18:05, 27 June 11
"ESC um abzubrechen."

"Sie" is not good enough, I'd prefer my CPC to refer to me as "Ihr" ie: "Achtung! Ihr manipuliert das OS!" :D

Bryce.

P.s. There's going to be a software handbook?? Fuck, I haven't even documented the hardware at all yet! 

Breiztiger

Hello
French translation
        "Read the documentation for more information. Press ESC to end action."

FRE: "Attention ! Vous êtes sur le point de modifier le logiciel système ! Le CPC risque de ne pas redémarrer."
"Lisez la documentation pour plus d'information. Pressez ESC pour abandonner l'action."
Philippe

arnoldemu

thankyou and welcome to cpcwiki!

EDIT: Breiztiger please register as a user then the moderators do not need to always approve your postings.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TFM

Thanks a lot Breiztiger, now I only have to get the Dutch translation and I know where...

Pentagon, well it's just a message, just ignore it, you don't have to press an extra key. I mean you are right, everybody knows it. But if there is one guy / gal out there never before been using a ROM / Flash Box, so let's save that poor soul  ;D
TFM of FutureSoft

Ythcal

Quote"Sie" is not good enough, I'd prefer my CPC to refer to me as "Ihr" ie: "Achtung! Ihr manipuliert das OS!"

Multiple personalities?
Then I want to be adressed as "Ihro Gnaden manipuliert das OS!" ('Your grace are going to alter...')
;)

McKlain

Put the messages in a textfile and just let people modify them at will  :laugh:

Bryce

Not multiple personalities, just 3. Person old German (Pronominale Anrede)  :) known in english as "The Royal We".

Bryce.

Bryce

Hi All,
     tonight I got a few hours to get something done and managed to revive the MegaFlash Prototype that I killed a while back. I'm just using it to do some tests on, but it's not the final design. There was a major change to the design, which is one of the reasons for the major delay. We decided that it should offer 32 ROMs instead of just 16. Only the first 16 will be initialised automatically by the CPC, but the other 16 are fully addressable, so you can either put ROMs there and initialise them with a ROMManager or you could use the space (256K) to "store" ROMs that you could shift down to 0-16 when you needed them (Moving a ROM takes less than 2 seconds) or you could just use the space as a memory-stick to store whatever you wanted (screens, music, whatever) there. I'm sure someone will come up with ideas for software that could make use of instant storage space.

Either way, here's a picture of the current Prototype, it's been seriously abused / changed / brought back to life, so it's not pretty. I don't think I will bother releasing a single sided layout, it just too messy and has too many bridges, but I've finished the double-sided layout, which I will release as soon as it's been tested.

Bryce.

Kris

Nice to hear that this project is on the way to be released, especially with the last modifications (up to 32 Roms).
How do you manage the different roms ? Are you using dipswitch to select the ones you need as on a Ramcard or is it only a software selection ?

TFM

Quote from: mcklain on 14:19, 30 June 11
Put the messages in a textfile and just let people modify them at will  :laugh:

Ok, ok, the source code (containing the texts) will be available - as soon as the program is in final stage.

Oh mighty Birnbaum ;-) Why not, people can have some fun with it; and maybe some are interrested in the programs architecture or whatever - or you can even give some hints how to make it better ;-)

@Bryce: Great to see it moving on. And yes, thanks to the Inicron ROM Booster we can use all 32 as expansion ROMs (igrnoring BASIC + AmsDOS). Btw. The ROM Booster is a ROM placed a position 15, it initializes ROMs 16-32. But the routines only need few bytes, so you can add some more stuff to the Booster ROM.
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Quote from: Kris on 20:54, 30 June 11
Nice to hear that this project is on the way to be released, especially with the last modifications (up to 32 Roms).
How do you manage the different roms ? Are you using dipswitch to select the ones you need as on a Ramcard or is it only a software selection ?

Well, you can clear every ROM (or make a copy of the BASIC rom out of it, like it does the CPC from the shelves). So you can manage it all using software.

Again I need some help... Can somebody please translate this into Spanish?

Please select the source ROM
Please select the target ROM

Thanks a lot for your help!!!
TFM of FutureSoft

MiguelSky

Please select the source ROM
Por favor, seleccione la ROM origen

Please select the target ROM
Por favor, seleccione la ROM destino

Btw, now that you are coding in RomManager: the entry of the File menu "Abrir ROM" needs to be changed to "Cargar ROM".

McKlain

Better use "selecciona", less formal, like the other warning message.

Pentagon

QuoteBut if there is one guy / gal out there never before been using a ROM / Flash Box, so let's save that poor soul

okay, okay if there is really that one out there who doesnt know it, well you gave your best to save him  ;D

Good Job anyway i am very excited to read more of it.

Regards
Tom / Pentagon

OCT

Forgetting Latin, as of course it should feature those famous (last?) words:
"Descende, audax operator, et CPCe centrum attinges." (Wonder who'll be the first to get the allusion, ;) and/or start an argument about millenia-old grammar as applied to 1980s' IT acronyms).

Trying to cover all languages is a little over the top IMHO (and let's not get anyone started on Klingon :D) - English will do, as it did back in 1985 approx., when my vocabulary at that was BASIC in the very literal, all-caps sense.

SyX

Quote from: OCT on 17:31, 01 July 11
Forgetting Latin, as of course it should feature those famous (last?) words:
"Descende, audax operator, et CPCe centrum attinges." (Wonder who'll be the first to get the allusion, ;) and/or start an argument about millenia-old grammar as applied to 1980s' IT acronyms).
Niceeeeeeeeee  :) Although i hope that the CRTC doesn't convert in lava  ;D

Well, the use of latin, runes or hieroglyphics always will look sexy in retrocomputing  8) ... and the mix with old technology, because i will can rest in peace, the day that i can see and touch a Steampunk CPC  :D

Bryce

A steampunk CPC, what a seriously cool idea. I think I've just decided what my next project is :)

Bryce.