News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
L

MotherX4 Alternative for CPC 464 Users

Started by LambdaMikel, 07:07, 08 June 18

Previous topic - Next topic

LambdaMikel

Quote from: TotO on 19:14, 26 October 19
Returning the external PSU current into the CPC VCC line...  :o
Please, clean behind your house first. Thanks.

What external PSU? Why would I put an external PSU to the CPC. It already has a PSU. I disabled and removed that unncessary connector.

LambdaMikel

Quote from: TotO on 19:14, 26 October 19
Some people power a coffee maker from the Laptops USB port, or a fan, or a XMas tree.
In 2005, I spoke to Santa Claus, he likes the XMas tree USB powering!  :laugh:

TotO

C'est l'hopital qui se moque de la charité...  :laugh:
More serious... Forget me.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

LambdaMikel

OK, I had enough fun now... Thanks. You made my day.  :)

TotO

Quote from: LambdaMikel on 19:35, 26 October 19
OK, I had enough fun now... Thanks. You made my day.  :)
Please, return to your lego-electronics instead of criticising things your don't understand.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

LambdaMikel

Quote from: TotO on 19:36, 26 October 19
Please, return to your lego-electronics instead of criticising things your don't understand.
Yes, I know, I am not as clever as you (nor my designs), you told me before  ;D
Sorry for that.  :P

TotO

I'm currently sick, so I'm not very patient when someone always blames me the same thing ... Sorry.  :-*

LambdaMikel

Not blaming!! Suggesting improvements - but you probably don't see these suggestions as "improvements". I have reacted to your requests for improvements, because they made sense to me. I don't understand why it is such a big deal. If you don't like LambdaBoard and consider it a "clone" of MotherX4, then you could improve MotherX4 such that I could use it with DDI3, then I wouldn't have to make my own solution.  That means, you could add an edge connector directly to the end, and/or make the diode and PSU optional. I don't want an extra PSU to power it if it is known to be unnecessary. So, you either have to live with the fact that people create their own "solution" with their lego electronics understanding, or provide something that would address their problem. IMHO. Anyhow. Best wishes, get well!

robcfg

Quote from: LambdaMikel on 19:26, 26 October 19
@robcfg, all I am suggesting is to put a jumper on board that disables this voltage dropping diode for people that do not require an extra PSU feeding into the MotherX4. I think you could understand that. You and I both know what a voltage protection diode is and what it's purpose is, yes.

Fair enough, I just hope the users are careful...

TotO

Sure... I have well understand. You want a board for your own usage, not a board for most users. ;D

I will not add directly the edge connector instead of the passthrough pins (will save my time) because already explained previously.
When peoples ask me for a MotherX4 and do not wants something, they let me know and I do... Or they buy it as kit to save euros.
The V2.1 linked previously do not have diodes but a sliding switch... It should make your day in a better way.  ;)

QuoteI just hope the users are careful...
I can't deal with that. I may have to fix things for less.  ???

LambdaMikel

Quote from: TotO on 20:24, 26 October 19
The V2.1 linked previously do not have diodes but a sliding switch... It should make your day in a better way.  ;)
Yes, I like that. I probably won't buy a second one, but others might appreciate it.  :)