News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

MultiFace II clone

Started by talrek, 20:36, 11 February 15

Previous topic - Next topic

jrodriguezv

I am also interested in one from next batch.
Thanks

talrek

No problem everyone  :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: talrek on 09:52, 05 April 15
No problem everyone  :)
oooh getting excited again.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Phantomz

Looking good.  8)

Will we still need to use Anti Multiface for saves on machines without a Multiface two or can this be bypassed somehow now?  ;)

talrek

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:21, 05 April 15
Looking good.  8)

Will we still need to use Anti Multiface for saves on machines without a Multiface two or can this be bypassed somehow now?  ;)

I think you'll still need the anti multiface software ;-) If it is wrong please someone can correct me ?

CraigsBar

Quote from: talrek on 15:44, 05 April 15
I think you'll still need the anti multiface software ;-) If it is wrong please someone can correct me ?
have you managed to re engineered the ROM to work on both the plus and old gen amsdos? Or will I still need to rom-swap?

talrek

Sorry I'm not a software guy  .... May be someone her ????

TFM

Well, I'm really busy at the moment, but comparing both ROMs should help to find differences. So a ROM working for both could be made.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 20:54, 05 April 15
Well, I'm really busy at the moment, but comparing both ROMs should help to find differences. So a ROM working for both could be made.
As I understand it, the mf ROMs make direct calls to amsdos to load and save etc. In the plus some of these routines changed in location so the calls fail. The new ROM would need to know what machine it was in, and call amsdos accordingly. Unless of course I heard wrong and the above is total garbage.

TFM

In this case it would be better to check the DOS version independent of the machine. Because Plus Users may use 0.50 Amsdos or Parados or so.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 22:13, 05 April 15
In this case it would be better to check the DOS version independent of the machine. Because Plus Users may use 0.50 Amsdos or Parados or so.  :)
well that is true. I do recall that my 6128 plus needs the "normal" multiface EPROM when using my parados cart.

talrek

I'm waiting for my programmer but i had a bad news.
I bought it on Amazon, but now it says delivery last date : May 5... I think the seller is in china, but it use another adress and he answers in French... argghhh

But instead losing my time, is there somebody here to program the 3 Gals ?
I send the Gals, and the person send it back programmed.

Of course i pay for the shipment  :D
I will then be able to test it, and when the POW (Proof Of Working) is made, i will build the 9 others (i have all the parts, but don't want to waste my time if there is an error)

Thank you !

TFM

Quote from: talrek on 16:23, 06 April 15
.. I think the seller is in china, but it use another adress and he answers in French... argghhh

But you are French, at least your Flag tells that. Or do you mean he writes in bad French?

Sometimes stuff from China arrives quite quick (even to the USA). Good luck!  :)

TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

I can program GALs, but I don't have any here. Either I can order some and send them to you (after programming), or you send me some and I send them back. Let me know exactly what you need.

Bryce.

dxs

Hi Talrek,
I can do this and I'm in France, send me a PM if you like. Never done that but my TOP2011 programmer has the GAL16V8B in the compatibility list.

talrek

Yes i'm Frenchfor sure  :P :P :P :P
Well i have some Gals with me. I just need x3 to be programmed ;-)

Let's try with dxs as you live in France, it will be faster ;-)

Thanks Bryce, always nice !

kawickboy

anti-multiface (from logon ?) only works with 64ko software.

Bryce

No problem, if it doesn't work out I can still do it. The TOP2011 should work fine, but if not I have a Batronix BX48 which definitely works.

Bryce.

talrek

Quote from: Bryce on 20:02, 06 April 15
No problem, if it doesn't work out I can still do it. The TOP2011 should work fine, but if not I have a Batronix BX48 which definitely works.

Bryce.

ok thank you I will no forget about that :)

talrek

Hello everybody  :D
Thanks to dxs, i received today some programmed gals
I tried them as soon as possible... and... It is official MultiFace2 clone on MX4 rocks  8) 8) 8)

It works well, i tried it on a cpc6128 and a plus one and it works fine so far.

I'll try to take pictures tomorrow (my daughter will do) because i broke my left wrist, and it becomes hard to solder with one hand  :'( :'(
I will solder now the 9 remaining as fast as possible, and iwait to receive my gal programmer.

Gryzor

I was all "oh yes please please I want one oh yes yes yes" and then I read your last post... Ouch! Hope it mends quickly and well, mate... And that it doesn't hurt like hell :(

talrek

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:34, 18 April 15
I was all "oh yes please please I want one oh yes yes yes" and then I read your last post... Ouch! Hope it mends quickly and well, mate... And that it doesn't hurt like hell :(
It should be a little slower but i will solder with my teeth  :laugh:

I'm going to send PM for the 1st batch watch your PMboxes ;-)

CraigsBar

Quote from: talrek on 17:29, 18 April 15
Hello everybody  :D
Thanks to dxs, i received today some programmed gals
I tried them as soon as possible... and... It is official MultiFace2 clone on MX4 rocks  8) 8) 8)

It works well, i tried it on a cpc6128 and a plus one and it works fine so far.

I'll try to take pictures tomorrow (my daughter will do) because i broke my left wrist, and it becomes hard to solder with one hand  :'( :'(
I will solder now the 9 remaining as fast as possible, and iwait to receive my gal programmer.
Ouch. I hope that your wrist heals quickly, no rush..... so long as one of those 9 has my name on it ;)

Craig

Munchausen

Quote from: talrek on 19:08, 18 April 15
It should be a little slower but i will solder with my teeth  :laugh:

I'm going to send PM for the 1st batch watch your PMboxes ;-)

Hope your hand heals quickly!

Looking forward to my PM and multiface! :D

Ast

Please, can you post here some pictures from your multiface 2 mx4 finished version?

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !