News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

MultiFace II clone

Started by talrek, 20:36, 11 February 15

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

The source of the MF2 ROM is available, so - if somebody got the time - it probably could be patched to work with CPC and Plus.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

talrek

Well MF2 Rom for CPC+ is available on the cpcwiki page ;-) so there is no problem i think

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 19:18, 19 March 15
The source of the MF2 ROM is available, so - if somebody got the time - it probably could be patched to work with CPC and Plus.
that is what I am hoping will be done in time for this release. I don't fancy ROM swaps all the time between the plus and just CPC.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TFM

Damn right! So question is: Does the MF2 ROM for the Plus also work with the CPC? In this case we could just use the Plus version.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

The Last Bandit

Think the difference between the two is due to changes in the location of various AMSDOS routines MF2 calls. So the ROM for the CPC+ version wouldn't be backward compatible.

Put both ROM versions on the EPROM and jumper/switch to select between unless there a register that can be read to identify the machine type on startup and auto select.

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 16:02, 20 March 15
Damn right! So question is: Does the MF2 ROM for the Plus also work with the CPC? In this case we could just use the Plus version.
no, they are not interchangeable.

TFM

Well, in this case, for a proper redo of the MF2 we should make a ROM compatible to both: CPC and Plus.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Phantomz

Quote from: TFM on 17:45, 20 March 15
Well, in this case, for a proper redo of the MF2 we should make a ROM compatible to both: CPC and Plus.  :)

That would be cool :) What if you have both machines, do you need two or is there a converter to change from normal connection to centronics connector for the plus?

TFM

You can get adapter cables working in both directions. In general the Centronics plugs are much more reliable.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Is there enough space in the ROM to add a routine to check which model it's connected to and react accordingly?

Bryce.

TFM

The source in on the Wiki, just take a look.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Quote from: TFM on 21:43, 20 March 15

What part of "I'm a shite coder" (stated often here in the Forum) made you think that I could in any way decypher or make any accessment of MFII source code? :D

Bryce.

gerald

Quote from: TFM on 21:43, 20 March 15
Source or rom image ? I've only seen ROM images. If you have a pointer to source, I'm taking them  ;)

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 22:27, 20 March 15
What part of "I'm a shite coder" (stated often here in the Forum) made you think that I could in any way decypher or make any accessment of MFII source code? :D

Bryce.

I guess you do pretty well. You can assemble it and see how much space is left. A plus detection only take few (20) Bytes. At work here... I have limited CPC abilities.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Quote from: gerald on 22:40, 20 March 15
Source or rom image ? I've only seen ROM images. If you have a pointer to source, I'm taking them  ;)

Ok, found some stuff on an old Vortex DSK. Have fun!

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

So...much...hardware... But can't help wanting one, like stuffing one's mouth with candy when you're 10 years old...

skywalky

I'm interested in one of the next batch

talrek

here are some news....
1st ex. almost done, see the pics  :D

But why "almost".... because despite all my efforts, my programmer is...dead, i failed in resurrecting it...
So i ordered a new one... please be patient, it arrives  8)

Stay tuned  :P

Ast

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

HAL6128

Hi talrek,
I'm also interested in one of the next Batch.
Thanks.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

remax

Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Quote from: talrek on 17:08, 04 April 15
here is some news....
1st ex. almost done, see the pics  :D

But why "almost".... because despite all my efforts, my programmer is...dead, i failed in resurrecting it...
So i ordered a new one... please be patient, it arrives  8)

Stay tuned  :P
I have hundreds of 27c128 s spare. If you need anything burning just let me know.

talrek

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:54, 04 April 15
I have hundreds of 27c128 s spare. If you need anything burning just let me know.

Really thank you. Burning eprom, programming pics or xilinx devices are not a problem, i have all the needed stuff. I need only a new Gal programmer  ;D ;D
But really thank you for your offer !!

Apollo

Wow, I would like one as well from the next batch with Centronics-cable!
CPC - My beloved first computer!

00WReX

Hi talrek,
I'm also interested in one from the next Batch please.
Thanks.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki