MultiPlay MX4 Expansion

Started by TotO, 20:29, 15 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TotO

The MultiPlay allow to add two controllers on the expansion port.
It is easy to use them from BASIC, with the INP() command.

[attachimg=1]

Each controller port can be set with two inputs modes:
- AMS = Amstrad joystick and GX4000 gamepad
- AMI = Amiga joystick / mouse (and compatible)

Each mouse sensitivity is 200dpi / 4bit acceleration.  (DK'Tronics mouse is 50dpi / 1bit)
Last but not least: Left, Middle and Right buttons are supported.

50Hz games support w/o conflict. It is handled like arcade machines!

You can preorder from CPC Boards8)
Now, we need Lemmings and North & South hacked games.  :P 
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

cpc4eva

was there a link to a web page to purchase ?

TotO

Quote from: cpc4eva on 22:35, 15 May 16
was there a link to a web page to purchase ?
I will have to add it to centpourcent.net ...  ;D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

angelcaio

Quote from: TotO on 20:29, 15 May 16
The MultiPlay allow to add two controllers on the expansion port.
It is easy to use them from BASIC, with the INP() command.

[attachimg=1]

Each controller port can be set with two inputs modes:
- AMS = Amstrad joystick and GX4000 gamepad
- AMI = Amiga joystick / mouse (and compatible)

Each mouse sensitivity is 200dpi / 4bit acceleration.  (DK'Tronics mouse is 50dpi / 1bit)
Last but not least: Left, Middle and Right buttons are supported.

50Hz games support w/o conflict. It is handled like arcade machines!
Now, we need Lemmings and North & South hacked games.  :P
Great. Will work with a atari st mouse? And with an Amigausb-db9 adapter?

TotO

An USB to DB9 adapter should work if it is OK with an Amiga. (untested actually)

The choice was made to support natively the Amiga mouse, because it is more easy to find.
So, Atari ST mouse require a "ST to Amiga" adapter to properly work.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Poliander

Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • X-MASS • CTM 644 • DMP 2160 — Schneider CPC 6128 • M4 Board • Z-MEM • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

angelcaio


gerald

Quote from: angelcaio on 12:49, 16 May 16
I already have a Atari ST mouse.
What do you think of this adapter?
  AMIGA MOUSE TO ATARI ST / ATARI ST MOUSE TO AMIGA ADAPTER CONVERTER | eBay
The difference between Atari and Amiga mouse is the horizontal/vertical sensors pinout.
You only need to swap the 4 related pins and it seem what this adapter is doing  ;)

||C|-|E||

Quote from: TotO on 20:29, 15 May 16
The MultiPlay allow to add two controllers on the expansion port.
It is easy to use them from BASIC, with the INP() command.

[attachimg=1]

Each controller port can be set with two inputs modes:
- AMS = Amstrad joystick and GX4000 gamepad
- AMI = Amiga joystick / mouse (and compatible)

Each mouse sensitivity is 200dpi / 4bit acceleration.  (DK'Tronics mouse is 50dpi / 1bit)
Last but not least: Left, Middle and Right buttons are supported.

50Hz games support w/o conflict. It is handled like arcade machines!
Now, we need Lemmings and North & South hacked games.  :P

Super cool board, I will buy one for sure. Problem is that we need a Mother X4 with more ports, something like a Mother X8  :D Mother of God.

Audronic

And Then an 800 Watt PC Power Supply, Small refrigerated cubicle Etc---


Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

TotO

Quote from: angelcaio on 12:49, 16 May 16
I already have a Atari ST mouse.
What do you think of this adapter?
  AMIGA MOUSE TO ATARI ST / ATARI ST MOUSE TO AMIGA ADAPTER CONVERTER | eBay
As gerald said, I think it does the job by swapping the required pins.  8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TotO

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 14:13, 16 May 16Super cool board, I will buy one for sure.
Problem is that we need a Mother X4 with more ports, something like a Mother X8  :D Mother of God.
Madre!!!  ;D

My actual configuration is:
- X-MEM / X-MASS on slots 0 and 1
- MultiPlay / PlayCity on slots 2 and 3

Since I have the HxC / X-MASS, the MiniBooster is not really used at home.
To free space, may be I should release a MotherX2 special board for players, featuring:
- MultiPlay / Playcity slots
- Cartridge slot
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

gerald

Quote from: TotO on 14:53, 16 May 16
To free space, may be I should release a MotherX2 special board for players, featuring:
- MultiPlay / Playcity slots
- Cartridge slot
What about an X-MESS  ;D (merged xmem/xmass)

TotO

#13
Quote from: gerald on 15:06, 16 May 16
What about an X-MESS  ;D (merged xmem/xmass)
Sure, it is an idea. ;D (and sound better than X-MAME)

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

CPC_Fan

Definitely interested in buying one of these boards from you Tot0. Just got to wait for some money to come through first...

angelcaio

I also want one.   ;D

hsimpson

Ordered & paid  ;D .

DaDMaN

Ordered & Paid too  :D

||C|-|E||

Ordered and paid here as well!  :D

trabitboy

Quick noob question ( please hold your tomatoes  8)   ):

for the extra joystick port , software has to be specifically written to support it?
old titles need to be patched ?

On a side note , I was wondering if some people here were powering their MX4 with a usb power supply and adapter ?
( I think I lack power, that's why I have erratic behavior with xmas xmess + joy plugged in ) .

angelcaio

I presume: if it works as a joystick can be used as a mouse with SymbOS or Art studio. Is this correct?

||C|-|E||

Quote from: trabitboy on 17:29, 17 May 16
Quick noob question ( please hold your tomatoes  8)   ):

for the extra joystick port , software has to be specifically written to support it?
old titles need to be patched ?

On a side note , I was wondering if some people here were powering their MX4 with a usb power supply and adapter ?
( I think I lack power, that's why I have erratic behavior with xmas xmess + joy plugged in ) .

Regarding the PSU, you should power the computer and the X4 with the same power supply. You can just split the output and connect a wire to the computer and another to the board, provided that the PSU is powerful enough  :) .

Cpcmaniaco

Orderer and pay too.

Audronic

Ordered and Paid as well.

When you say "The board require new programs to be used. Not compatible with old UnPatched games.".
Does that mean all of the "Games" have to be patched (Thousands) ?

Thanks   Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

arnoldemu

Quote from: Audronic on 02:27, 18 May 16
Ordered and Paid as well.

When you say "The board require new programs to be used. Not compatible with old UnPatched games.".
Does that mean all of the "Games" have to be patched (Thousands) ?

Thanks   Ray


Yes, all games need to be patched that want to use the interface.

But games will continue to work with the built in cpc joystick ;)

So it makes sense to patch two player games like gauntlet, barbarian where clashes would happen between joysticks on normal cpc.
And it makes sense to add mouse support to games and programs that could benefit from it.

No need to patch every game!
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod