Amstrad PCW keyboard on CPC or PC?

Started by zhulien, Yesterday at 20:57

Previous topic - Next topic

zhulien

What is the easiest way to make an Amstrad PCW keyboard work on a CPC or PC? 

zhulien

Quote from: zhulien on Yesterday at 20:57What is the easiest way to make an Amstrad PCW keyboard work on a CPC or PC?

I really really want this type of PCW for my CPC - I counted the keys and the CPC has 1 less key horizontally but the same vertically meaning an actual CPC keyboard might fit in this case with a small gap on left and right - I could probably live with that - then I need to think how to extend the CPC signals out the back - or perhaps convert to PC signals for use on a Just CPC - which uses a PC keyboard.

TotO

May be better to dream and wait some more years the 3D printing technology will allow to do it for our CPC without destroying this nice PCW keyboard for a dirty hack. :)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

zhulien

I'm thinking of using the shell only with a CPC keyboard inside - so no destroying, just repurposing.

robcfg

Wouldn't it be easier to build some kind of adapter?

TotO

Yes, it is probably doable to have an adapter to convert the PCW serial data to the CPC or PC.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)