News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Cassette adaptor for a CPC 464

Started by John_Vella, 17:53, 25 August 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: John_Vella on 11:18, 28 August 20I hadn't seen this before. Looks good! I'll try it out next time I fire up the CPC. One of the things I do like about TapDancer is the countdown timer, since that lets me know if I have time to make a cuppa while a game is loaded, (and the answer is always yes!) :)

I used to think a lot of tape games took an age to load on the Amstrad, it's only when I look at the C64 and Speccy counterparts, I realise the CPC tapes were actually quite faster to load. :)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

pelrun

Yeah loading games from tape on Amstrad is as fast as loading from disk on the C64  :picard2:

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: pelrun on 14:04, 28 August 20Yeah loading games from tape on Amstrad is as fast as loading from disk on the C64  :picard2:

In some cases, it's faster.
I'm fairly certain Bruce Lee loads faster from the CPC on take than it does on the C64 from disk! I fell asleep the first time I saw it load from disk on the C64!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

retro_4_ever

i use tape adapters 99p of the bay ... can be a bit of trial and error .. i do this with CPC and specie +2/+2a the cpc seems less fussy ...with specie i have used OTLA to make turbo loaders but i dont think this is possible on the cpc although im not sure ... ok so its seems CDT files are basically the same as specie TZX ... so far on the amstrad i use a program called winTZX and make a .wav file ..which works well there are loads of others ..i had major problems with playing audio file direct from my pc ( i suspect it is changing the audio somehow) even when played through my av receiver,, so i imported  them into my apple tv which connects direct to the amp and it works a treat ...some stuff will load of phone also (it will on specie not sure if i have tried on cpc) ,, there is a guy on youtube (mark fixes stuff) that details how to connect a internal jack for direct access to the tape deck .. i am planning on trying this
hope this is of some help ...