News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New DIY Project released: The MegaROM

Started by Bryce, 15:58, 17 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Yes, but also you'd have your very own statue outside the CPCWiki offices :)

Quote from: Bryce on 20:22, 24 November 10
That would A) Cost a fortune B) Be waaay too complicated C) Difficult to source the parts D) There'd always be some people would say "Yes, but it should have this" "No it shouldn't include that" etc, etc.

But an internal MegaROM is easy, just you'd have to find suitable points on the Mainboard to solder the wirs on.

Bryce.

Bryce

:D Yeah, probably, but I'm not sure I want that.

Bryce.

xesrjb

Any news? I would like to order!?! ;)

xesrjb
,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

Bryce

No, not at the moment. due to work, business trips and an injury, I have done very little in the last few weeks. I will probably release the MegaFlash around Christmas.

Bryce.

Gryzor

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 10:46, 02 December 10
No, not at the moment. due to work, business trips and an injury, I have done very little in the last few weeks. I will probably release the MegaFlash around Christmas.

Bryce.

With some luck we will also have the Software finished at X-Mas. The work on it continues...
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CPCIak

What about including HxC Floppy Manager v2.0 to the MegaRom?

TFM

Quote from: CPCIak on 15:14, 24 December 10
What about including HxC Floppy Manager v2.0 to the MegaRom?

That would only make sense for people who own the HxC.

We provide software for managing the MegaFlashROMs, look here:
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/MegaFlashROManager

Download at the moment only via CPCWiki.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CPCIak

When will the device be available? Bryce, do you have some MegaROMs in stock?

Bryce

At the moment I've been spending most of my time on the MegaFlash, a writeable version of the MegaROM, so I've only ever built one real MegaROM, plus a very dodgy prototype, which I don't think works any more. Due to the fact, that I thought most people would rather wait for the MegaFlash, I never made a commercial layout which could be sent to a PCB manufacturer, only the DIY PCB Layout. With the MegaFlash, due to the complexity, it's almost impossible to achieve a single-sided DIY layout, so I've been working on a two sided layout which I can then have manufactured professionally. I'm at the stage, where I will probably be able to build a first prototype later this month and if all goes to plan, I can then have a batch of PCBs made. Unfortunately (luckily) I am very busy in my real work at the moment, so things haven't been progressing as fast as I would have liked. But it's only delayed, nothing has been cancelled or forgotten.

If you really can't wait, I can sell you the original MegaROM (tha one seen on the Wiki page)? Let me know.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 14:26, 07 January 11
If you really can't wait, I can sell you the original MegaROM (tha one seen on the Wiki page)? Let me know.

Don't forget to burn FutureOS on it ;-)

btw.: the FlashROManager software is now available for BASIC and 128 KB CPC. ASAP I'll create the FutureOS version and finally a version for 64 KB CPCs (BASIC). But I can't tell how well it works, since the software was never tested on real hardware. However I'm really looking forward to get a cheap, reliable and versatile ROM expansion for the CPC soon.
TFM of FutureSoft

xesrjb

,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

Bryce

Unfortunately I have to do a lot of traveling at the moment, so no, nothing has been done for weeks and I probably won't get much done in February either. As soon as something gets done I'll let you know.

Bryce.