News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad newbie - thinking of getting 6128

Started by Swainy, 20:45, 30 August 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Swainy

Picking it up on Saturday! Finally a part of the CPC gang, just a few years late :)
Retro Asylum

Neil79

Quote from: Swainy on 22:25, 04 September 14
Picking it up on Saturday! Finally a part of the CPC gang, just a few years late :)

Anywhere near Kent? :D
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

CPC_Fan

Welcome to the forum Swainy. Glad that you managed to get hold of the 6128. Enjoy!

Mark

Swainy

Retro Asylum

paradroid90

Not for at all Swainy from the Garden of England......Unless your in Colchester  ;D
Embrace all 8 Bits :-)

Swainy

Nah, I'm based just on the fringes of Bishops Stordford which comes under the Hertfordshire/Essex boarder but I'm picking the computer up from Chelmsford :)
Retro Asylum

Carnivius

Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

paradroid90

mmmmmmmm that is just as far as Colchester from Kent  ;D

Hope you have fun with your 6128  :)

ralferoo

Not sure if you've already bought it, but it sounds like he's very much on the high side of prices.

I've never paid more than £40 for a 6128 (without monitor), although to be fair, I've only got 1 6128 with a working drive. That said, the one with the working drive was a mint condition in-box with monitor, manual and loads of stuff for £20. It's unlikely I'll ever get that kind of deal again though! Generally though, the very best deals are "collection only" auctions on ebay because that massively limits the number of people who'll consider it worth bidding on.

But I'd say if the drive is provably working, then £50 (inc postage) is a reasonable price for a 6128 without monitor. All of the ones I have with faulty drives aren't just the "replace the band" affairs and I've not had the time to take them to bits to determine the cause, so don't necessarily accept the "oh, it's a simple fix" line from a seller at face value. If he's not prepared to go to £50 or below, just wait it out... another will come on ebay soon enough!

Swainy

Well I've bought it. £50 with the magazines and two books and I'm told it's had the drive belt replaced recently. Seems fairly clean.

Just need to sort out getting it powered up & working with my CRT.
Retro Asylum

Munchausen

Looks nice - no scratches on the metal plate on the disc drive, and keys not yellowed much. Have fun :D

MacDeath

It looks like my very first Amstrad CPC6128, which I still own despite not in such good condition.

qwerty rulez !

Truelly the best CPC you can get alongside an 6128PLUS.

Bryce

Looks good and the price is fair if it works. If you are still interested in the "SCART cable for books" swap send me a PM.

Bryce.

Swainy

To be honest mate I've already ordered the Scart & psu. I want to have a quick flick through the books first but I'm sure we can come to some arrangement. Maybe sort me out a copy of the new version of Bubble Bobble or R-Type if you have a spare disk?
Retro Asylum

Bryce

Yeah sure , I can do that too maybe. Can you tell me the title of the two books?

Bryce.

Gesendet von meinem Motorola DynaTEC 8000X mit Tapatalk 2.

Swainy

Just sent you a PM but the books are Machine Code For Beginners On The Amstrad by Steve Kramer and The Amazing Amstrad Omnibus by Martin Fairbanks.
Retro Asylum

paradroid90

Looks in good knick Swainy  :D Welcome to the 6128 club  ;)

Gryzor

Ooh that's nice! A double welcome then!

I know I'm too late, but the price for the machine and all those AA issues is pretty ok... I know I'd have splashed out without blinking :)

CraigsBar

I
Quote from: Gryzor on 18:52, 13 September 14
Ooh that's nice! A double welcome then!

I know I'm too late, but the price for the machine and all those AA issues is pretty ok... I know I'd have splashed out without blinking :)
considering I just recently spent over 4 times that on a 464plus then I think you got a bargain. Ok my machine is in mint condition with unused paddle, cm14 and dizzy game on tape!

And once Bryce finishes his disk interface & 128k magic will be my main Cpc it was worth it.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Swainy

I'm very happy with it, just wish I had more time to spend on it. Being a family man and running a popular podcast takes up so much time.

Good thing is I can now cover the Amstrad a lot more on the show :)
Retro Asylum

Gryzor