News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New yerar, new CPC board

Started by Piotr, 13:29, 07 January 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Piotr

Case for this board, similiar like this (for my expansion card for ZX Spectrum) 2 Plexi boards, top and bottom.

radu14m

TotO

I don't understand why peoples said that a RTC will be not compatible with the X-MEM???
They don't use the same address port... I have made RTC tests w/o problem.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

gerald

Quote from: Munchausen on 13:00, 14 February 15
As discussed in another thread, the "standard" RTC is not compatible with X-MEM, MegaROM, SF2 etc. Also, it is not currently supported by SymbOS. The other option is a SF2 compatible version, but this requires more implementation work as it is not ROM based AFAIK.
That other thread is : Real Time Clock Board
But no one said this is the "standard" RTC.
Quote from: TotO on 23:41, 14 February 15
I don't understand why peoples said that a RTC will be not compatible with the X-MEM???
There are many different RTC solutions for the CPC. The mentioned thread covers the Dobbertin smart watch, which takes place in a ROM slot, and unless you put it in a ROM slot not covered by the XMEM/SF2/Megaflash/MegaROM, there will be a conflict.

Now it would be better to discuss this on the other thread  ;)

Piotr

DIY Amstrad, DIY case  :D

Munchausen

Quote from: gerald on 11:10, 15 February 15
That other thread is : Real Time Clock Board
But no one said this is the "standard" RTC.There are many different RTC solutions for the CPC. The mentioned thread covers the Dobbertin smart watch, which takes place in a ROM slot, and unless you put it in a ROM slot not covered by the XMEM/SF2/Megaflash/MegaROM, there will be a conflict.

Now it would be better to discuss this on the other thread  ;)

Sure it's not exactly standard because there isn't a standard, hence putting it in quotes. But it seems to be the most common one until the SF2 appeared on the scene.

Munchausen

Quote from: TotO on 23:41, 14 February 15

Only the dobbertin smart watch RTC... not the SF2!

Piotr

Ok some calculation, board price (if i order minimum 20) cost is approx 25 EURO. So question is who really want this?

From Scratch, working ;)

Amstrad CPC 6128 clone, demo "From Scratch" - YouTube

Joseman

the final version will have the FDC on board as you said in the last modification?

Piotr

Yes, FDC, 128 ram , ps2 keyboard/mouse ,one or two slot for mx board .

Joseman

Cpcmaniaco

1 for me please, Thanks.

radu14m

jrodriguezv

Another one for me, please

Munchausen

AMAZING!! I'll take 3 please :D :D

Piotr

Board dimension , 24x15 cm

First routing so is only for imagine how it looks.

One slot for mx cards, i do a separate board with slots.

Joseman

@Piotr Where will be located the mounting holes?

If you accept advices, there are a lot of lovely itx cases where this board can be mounted!. So only 4 holes in the correct situation and nothing more!

Mini-ITX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

kawickboy

it sounds great.
i'd like to order 2 motherboards please.

Piotr

Joseman i draw it to catch dimension for board estimate, all is flexible. ITX size, power connector for atx supply , power button, reset but what about edge slots?

Joseman

The dimensions are flexible on an itx-case, i mean, it's not necessary to be 17x17 (with the cpc components it's impossible), your dimensions are correct.

In case that you put on an itx-case, the edge slots must be used with an scsi cable and locate the boards on anoter location (i made this way on my cpc-at) so no problem.

About puting the atx connector on the board... i don't think that it's absolutely necessary, i made the atx connections using a little board next to the cpc. And i don't think that all the people will put this board on a pc case.

Maybe the people can give his opinions about this?

Piotr

Hmm, now this board takes 1 amp with DDI-connected so good power supply is important, i working on it anway.  ATX power as option (extra socket) plus small circut to ATX style power on/off.

Maybe somebody have try to build first version? I have 4 spare board,
Things to correct on prototype board for 464:
reverse power supply for memory chips,
4 lines for memory need swap
clock generator need change for 74hcu04.

Munchausen

I'd be happy to try building your first version :D I have an original DDI and both your remakes (small and large) so testing disks shouldn't be a problem either :D

Cpcmaniaco

I want 1 spare board of the first versión.

TotO

Quote from: Piotr on 00:06, 16 February 15
Ok some calculation, board price (if i order minimum 20) cost is approx 25 EURO. So question is who really want this?
I imagine that you are speaking about the PCB alone, and not the mounted CPC board?
Because, when I see peoples wanting 2 or 3 of them, I have a doubt about what they order and the final price.  ;D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)