News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Newbie question: SD floppy emulator and CPC464?

Started by emuola, 07:04, 18 November 10

Previous topic - Next topic

emuola

Thanks Bryce. I also  read the readme, but since it didn't specifically say if the slot selection can be done via osd also, I decided to ask here :) It sounds silly to me to use both keyboard and the buttons. BUt ok, I'll test when my kit arrives.
Amstrad CPC 6128+ and internal HxC floppy emulator

Jeff_HxC2001

Quote from: emuola on 12:01, 29 November 10
Thanks Bryce. I also  read the readme, but since it didn't specifically say if the slot selection can be done via osd also, I decided to ask here :) It sounds silly to me to use both keyboard and the buttons. BUt ok, I'll test when my kit arrives.

In fact with the lastest firmware you need only one button : the "Next Slot" button.
You can also connect another push button on the "front panel" connector.

emuola

QuoteIn fact with the lastest firmware you need only one button : the "Next Slot" button.
You can also connect another push button on the "front panel" connector.

Brilliant! This makes case selection much, much easier  ;D Is the Right button (as referred in the readme) the up or down in the manual? (see attached image)

Jeff_HxC2001

Quote from: emuola on 16:27, 29 November 10
Brilliant! This makes case selection much, much easier  ;D Is the Right button (as referred in the readme) the up or down in the manual? (see attached image)

The "UP" button.

emuola

xesrjb

,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

Gryzor

emuola

Just thought I'd let you know: SD Floppy emulator works flawlessly  ;D I attached a picture of my... let's say... unique design (another meaning for ugly as h*ll)  ??? At least the case protects the pcb  ;D

Gryzor

Hey, this actually looks like a small printer :D

emuola

QuoteHey, this actually looks like a small printer

It actually does  ;D Like the Gameboy printer that runs with batteris  ;D The case was a leftover from another retro-diy-project :)

Bryce

Ahhh, fond memories of my Atari 1020 4-Pen plotter :)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Atari_1020_plotter.jpg

Still have one of these back at my parents house (if they haven't dumped it).

Bryce.

TFM

That one looks a bit like as if you could play tapes with it ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus