News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Order : Bryce's mouse adapter for CPC

Started by talrek, 11:33, 18 September 14

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Quote from: Jungsi on 12:36, 01 December 14
I' am new to the forum and a little bit late - is there one adapter left to buy?
Welcome @Jungsi, the mouse adaptors are amazing. It looks like you were *just* in time. Thanks @talrek your work on these adaptors was very much appreciated.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

You can still use the PS/2 version with a USB mouse if you use a USB to PS/2 adapter thingy.

Bryce.

talrek

You are all welcome.
I think everyone has been served, so the number was right.

I don't know what to do now ??? !!!??? it was fun  8) 8) 8) 8)

Quote from: Bryce on 18:09, 01 December 14You can still use the PS/2 version with a USB mouse if you use a USB to PS/2 adapter thingy.Bryce.

I strongly agree with the Master  8) 8) 8)
It works very well with a USB/PS2 adapter, i bought mine for 1,20 Euros

CraigsBar

I wonder what else is in the Bryce back catalogue? I am waiting for his next big announcement, because I really want one of those. ;)

Prodatron

Quote from: talrek on 18:16, 01 December 14
You are all welcome.
I think everyone has been served, so the number was right.
I don't know what to do now ??? !!!??? it was fun  8) 8) 8) 8)
What's about other 8bit platforms with Atari compatible joystick ports?
Maybe there is a "market" for this adapter, too?

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Jungsi

Quote from: talrek on 17:12, 01 December 14
Hi !
You are lucky i have one more left but PS/2 version.
No more USB.

If other are interested i can do another batch.
That would be great - I take also a PS/2 Version - a PS/2 - USB adpater is no problem - I have some of them. :-)
Just send me a PN for payment.....

Bryce

Quote from: Prodatron on 18:26, 01 December 14
What's about other 8bit platforms with Atari compatible joystick ports?
Maybe there is a "market" for this adapter, too?

Actually my current projects (other than the CPC Laptop) are for Amiga and Acorn Electron. :)

Mouse adapters for others 8-bits are easy enough to do, especially when they have analogue inputs, but the original C64 mouse is still easily available and the Atari didn't really have any mouse-based software as far as I know.

Bryce.

Prodatron

Quote from: Bryce on 21:02, 01 December 14
and the Atari didn't really have any mouse-based software as far as I know.
The Atari8bit already has solutions for Amiga and ST mouses AFAIK. Regarding mouse-based software:...  :P
Atari8
Would like to test it on my Enterprise, but it seems, that my Joystick port/adapter is broken.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Bryce

Yes, they seem to have adapted hardware from their "big brothers", the poor CPC didn't have this option. :(

Bryce.

TFM

Well the proportional Mouse of the AtariST runs quite well with my CPC - in proportional Mode of course. The G-Paint program which can be used is imho as good as or even better than OCP Art Studio.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

talrek

Quote from: Jungsi on 18:39, 01 December 14
That would be great - I take also a PS/2 Version - a PS/2 - USB adpater is no problem - I have some of them. :-)
Just send me a PN for payment.....

Sorry i thought i had one left.... And in fact... Zéro.
i have 5 pcb left, when i have time, i will complète those 5.

talrek

So I completed my last 5 pcbs. i don't intend to do more.
Except if there is a large demand like the first one.

It is only PS/2 versions, but works very well with an usb adapter.

Price is 22 euros without shipping ;-)

CraigsBar

Thanks again for these. Now we need Bryce to invent something else for you to make lol. Seriously tho, these are awesome and are much appreciated.

Bryce

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:10, 18 December 14
Thanks again for these. Now we need Bryce to invent something else for you to make lol. Seriously tho, these are awesome and are much appreciated.

Kind of busy at the moment, can't even find time to get my CPC Laptop done. But suggestions are always welcome.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 10:08, 18 December 14
Kind of busy at the moment, can't even find time to get my CPC Laptop done. But suggestions are always welcome.

Bryce.
Hopefully the one we discussed in dublin, involving 3rd party radio transmissions and no battery will be a priority, after your laptop. [emoji6]

Bryce

talrek

Well.... i must take time to think about new ideas to submit  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

By the way , anyone has schematics for a memory extension ? at least 512kb ??? I'd like to make one, i already have two megaflashes, so if anyone has those schematics... thanks to him !

But i'm also worried, because radu didn't receive his mouse adapter. i think it is lost... The tracking says it went outside France...
Well, we are waiting for the end of the week. And i will send him another for free... it is just a shame !!! I don't like romanian post  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:   (i think french post isn't better sometimes....)
European post office are a shame... no Home 2 Home tracking..... only between few european countries...

TotO

Quote from: talrek on 13:06, 18 December 14By the way , anyone has schematics for a memory extension ? at least 512kb ??? I'd like to make one, i already have two megaflashes, so if anyone has those schematics... thanks to him !
Buy a X-MEM, that will cost you less that if you make it yourself.  ;D
I can sent it to you in KIT if you want to solder it...
I'm in France, so only french post!  :P
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

I sent radu a GT65 and it actually arrived faster than I was expecting. But it's now pre-Christmas postal-madness time. I'd give it another week before I'd declare it "officially lost". When did you send it?

Bryce.

TotO

The same for me. I have sent to him some boards and they arrived really fast.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

radu14m

well, the package was sent around 14-16 of november....
Talrek, we should wait another week, i don"t want you to lose money my friend.

So far i did not have problems, even the monitor from Bryce arrived faster than i expect :)

Thanks.
Radu

talrek

Quote from: TotO on 13:25, 18 December 14
Buy a X-MEM, that will cost you less that if you make it yourself.  ;D
I can sent it to you in KIT if you want to solder it...
I'm in France, so only french post!  :P

is there only RAM in a X-MEM ?
As i said i just want to have extra RAM to put inside my two CPC's (normal and plus) ;-)

Quote from: radu14m on 18:13, 18 December 14well, the package was sent around 14-16 of november....Talrek, we should wait another week, i don"t want you to lose money my friend. So far i did not have problems, even the monitor from Bryce arrived faster than i expect :) Thanks.Radu

Ok let's say one more week, but it is already more than a month.... but it is Christmas Miracle time....  :laugh:

TFM

Get a X-MEM without the Flash.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

radu14m

talrek

Ok one  X-MEM ram only DIY please  ;D  for internal installation  :D