Play2CPC (Plus2CPC II) : Extra sound channels and rewritable cartridges

Started by abalore, 15:38, 23 November 21

Previous topic - Next topic

abalore

I'm proud to announce a joint development with TotO, the Play2CPC, an evolution of the Plus2CPC adapter which includes new major features:

- Extra audio capabilities
- Sound mix into the CPC speaker or stereo audio jack
- Full Amstrad Plus ROM decoding
- Extra on-board V-ROM for amazing new AAA games
- General purpose programmable raster interrupt
- Compatible with standard Amstrad cartridges and new extended formats
- 100% compatible with C4CPC
- Support for RW cartridges to save/update games, scores and settings
- Boot switch and reset button commodities

Gryzor

Quote from: abalore on 15:38, 23 November 21The cartridges can be written directly from the CPC

Ha! I was wondering about such a device this past weekend!!

SkulleateR

eto

Skunkfish

Very intrigued. I assume the rewritable memory can only be written to via the Play2CPC and not from the standard cartridge port of a Plus/GX4000?

In that case would cartridges still support the Plus/GX4000 and the writable feature could be ignored?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

abalore

Quote from: Skunkfish on 16:59, 23 November 21
Very intrigued. I assume the rewritable memory can only be written to via the Play2CPC and not from the standard cartridge port of a Plus/GX4000?

In that case would cartridges still support the Plus/GX4000 and the writable feature could be ignored?
Yes, all your assumptions are correct

CraigsBar

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

ajcasado

This device looks pretty good!! 8)
If there is a waiting list I want one.

It will be possible to use the c4cpc as romboard in a cpc with it as in a cpc+?

CPC 664

Empiezas a envejecer cuando dejas de aprender.
You start to get old when you stop learning.

TotO

Quote from: ajcasado on 20:16, 23 November 21
It will be possible to use the c4cpc as romboard in a cpc with it as in a cpc+?
Yes. Gerald has updated the C4CPC menu for that.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Richard_Lloyd

Another tempting device for Amstrad Computers. Please may I go on the waiting list for one.

Many thanks.
Richard
CPC464, CPC6128, PCW8512, PCW10, BSA & NSP

ajcasado

Might sound frivolous, but with the Play2CPC (Plus2CPC II), the C4CPC, wireless gamepads, the imperium solo and a REMOTE RESET BUTTON it's possible to use the CPC laying in the sofa to play the huge available cpr games collection.
CPC 664

Empiezas a envejecer cuando dejas de aprender.
You start to get old when you stop learning.

GUNHED

One unit for me please too. With Centronics adaptors or MX-4 IDE connector please.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Shaun M. Neary

Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

HAL6128

...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

abalore

Quote from: HAL 6128 on 09:02, 24 November 21
...is this device usable with the GX4000?
The device itself must be connected to a computer, but the cartridges you write can be later used on a GX4000.

JayBlood

Jay

dragon

I want one fortunly I don't buy it. I wait for this release.

cosa_nostra-6128

genesis8

Very very nice, put me on list for one Play2CPC (if possible 2), no need anymore for a PluS2CPC, I can wait for the new one.
Thanks to you two for this upcoming device.

GUNHED

The initial post tells: 3 more channels. Is it a typo? I ask because the PlayCity has 6 channels more.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

JayBlood

Quote from: GUNHED on 16:18, 24 November 21
The initial post tells: 3 more channels. Is it a type? I ask because the PlayCity has 6 channels more.

Are you sure? I remember the Playcity add 3 ay voices. Maybe I'm wrong. :)
Jay

Mr. DVG

abalore

Quote from: GUNHED on 16:18, 24 November 21
The initial post tells: 3 more channels. Is it a type? I ask because the PlayCity has 6 channels more.
Yes, it's 3 channels. It's not a Playcity, it follows the Playcity specification, which means the hardware ports used are the same.

Cwiiis

Just wondering, if it's 3 extra sound channels, how does that get merged with the existing 3 channels? The PlayCity has its own audio output and 6 channels, I was under the impression that PlayCity software would only use that and not the on-board channels, but having never seen one, maybe I was under the wrong impression?