roudoudou

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

entelle42

;D wow effect !!!

JayBlood

Jay

OCT

Quote from: TotO on 20:21, 23 November 21
Quote from: ajcasado on 20:16, 23 November 21It will be possible to use the c4cpc as romboard in a cpc with it as in a cpc+?
Yes. Gerald has updated the C4CPC menu for that.
I missed the addition of that use case to the C4CPC on CPC+ and couldn't turn it up in a search yet; anyone got a link to how it's done?

TotO

Quote from: OCT on 09:09, 22 April 22I missed the addition of that use case to the C4CPC on CPC+ and couldn't turn it up in a search yet; anyone got a link to how it's done?
You have to update to v1.4 that was made to be compatible with the Plus2CPC and Play2CPC interfaces.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TotO

First post updated. The Play2CPC NOW mainly features:
-  Extra audio capabilities
- Sound mix into the CPC speaker or stereo audio jack
- Full Amstrad Plus ROM decoding
- Extra on-board V-ROM for amazing new AAA games
- General purpose programmable raster interrupt
- Compatible with standard Amstrad cartridges and new extended formats
- 100% compatible with C4CPC
- Support for RW cartridges to save/update games, scores and settings
- Boot switch and reset button commodities

:o
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

OCT

Quote from: TotO on 09:31, 22 April 22
Quote from: OCT on 09:09, 22 April 22I missed the addition of that use case to the C4CPC on CPC+ and couldn't turn it up in a search yet; anyone got a link to how it's done?
You have to update to v1.4 that was made to be compatible with the Plus2CPC and Play2CPC interfaces.
OIC you mean 1.00.04 as in https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/c4cpc-fw-update/25/#subject_126876 and that doesn't allow adding ROMs beyond 0+7, i.e. won't make C4CPC a "ROMboard" or "ROMbox" of sorts, but rather avoids a ROM conflict with one of these?

TotO

I mean the CprSelect program version v1.4 that allow the C4CPC to be used on the CPC to boot ROM (like diagnostic RAM) or launch the selected CPR files from many CPC games converted to the ROM format.

The Play2CPC use the standard Amstrad cartridge enclosure, so you can use the C4CPC since on it.
I have attached the file here, so you can replace the previous one. (CPC or PLUS is autodetected)

abalore

A cartridge could be used as ROMBox patching the OS to read initialize and use ROM numbers from &80, but it's a purely software issue, not related to the adapted itself

TotO

TotO

roudoudou

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

dragon

abalore

LewisCPC

TotO

LewisCPC

rickyordi

Nitro