News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Plus2CPC. Plus cartridge slot for the CPC

Started by abalore, 09:35, 27 May 21

Previous topic - Next topic

HAL6128

Quote from: gerald on 15:23, 11 September 22
Quote from: HAL6128 on 11:51, 11 September 22I've added the cpcselect file on folder "F" and if it is selected no screen content (black screen) will be displayed.
The picture on the left show that the C4CPC is starting on "/_C4CPC/E", no F. Are the dip switch properly set to all ON ?
Also, new cprselect cartridge file should replace the old one. C4CPC will take the first it found in the directory entry (so old the one  ;D )
Quote from: abalore on 14:53, 11 September 22
Quote from: HAL6128 on 11:51, 11 September 22Oh, thanks Gerald. I missed this message.
But still doesn't seem to work.
I'll get the "no cartridge" message (of the folder / DIP-switch where no cartridge or cpcselect file is installed) or the standard message of DIP 0. Seems to be right > the connector Plus2CPC and C4CPC works.
I've added the cpcselect file on folder "F" and if it is selected no screen content (black screen) will be displayed.

What Plus2CPC version do you have?

I'm not at home. I will have a look. Where I can get the information about it?
Quote from: gerald on 15:23, 11 September 22
Quote from: HAL6128 on 11:51, 11 September 22I've added the cpcselect file on folder "F" and if it is selected no screen content (black screen) will be displayed.
The picture on the left show that the C4CPC is starting on "/_C4CPC/E", no F. Are the dip switch properly set to all ON ?
Also, new cprselect cartridge file should replace the old one. C4CPC will take the first it found in the directory entry (so old the one  ;D )
The pictures were an example for a prove that the board works together with the Plus2CPC. I switched to "F" and got a blank screen during boot process. There's only one cpcselect file in the folder "F". I have deleted the old one.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

TotO

Probably printed close to the cartridge slot.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

HAL6128

This is what I can provide regarding the version / numbering of the Plus2CPC.

abalore

That's not a Plus4CPC, but a Play2CPC . It's 100% compatible with C4CPC. Keep trying!

HAL6128

Ha, you're right, wrong thread. :D Wasn't aware of that ... Pl(us/ay)2CPC title immediately . Thanks.

HAL6128

Quote from: abalore on 00:29, 13 September 22That's not a Plus4CPC, but a Play2CPC . It's 100% compatible with C4CPC. Keep trying!
Yeah, the Play2CPC and the C4CPC are working together. I'm able to load / start cartridges.
It's only the cpcselect.cpr file (code) which doesn't work at the moment. With version 1.3 I could a menu image then it freezes. With version 1.4 there's only a black screen. Maybe @gerald is able to investigate a little bit in it? Or is it open source somewhere?

abalore

@HAL6128

I use the cpr contained in this zip file, in the folder "_C4CPC/0"

You cannot view this attachment.

The DIP switch position I guess is the default, since I removed the DIP switch from my C4CPC (I don't use that feature, having a software menu)

HAL6128

Now it works! Every file is printed and can be chosen. What a nice gadget / extension for the normal CPC range.
Thank you @abalore!!

Rity

I can't wait to get it, the play2CPC is a superb option for the cpc.  ;)
Rity

gerald

Quote from: HAL6128 on 20:32, 15 September 22Now it works! Every file is printed and can be chosen. What a nice gadget / extension for the normal CPC range.
Thank you @abalore!!
Coming late to the party  ;D
How did you fix your issue ?

HAL6128

Hi @gerald
just put abalores attached file in the folder and it worked.
But the file in the thread before (you mentioned here https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/plus2cpc-plus-cartridge-slot-for-the-cpc/msg207725/#msg207725) didn't.
Strange?!

gerald

Quote from: HAL6128 on 17:36, 17 September 22Hi @gerald
But the file in the thread before (you mentioned here https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/plus2cpc-plus-cartridge-slot-for-the-cpc/msg207725/#msg207725) didn't.
Strange?!
Well, Abalore version has a difference from the official V1.4  :o
There is a change in the Plus detection code where the ROM configuration is kept for Plus even if we detect a CPC.
@abalore  : what is the reason for that change, should I put it in the official code ?

abalore

Quote from: gerald on 19:13, 17 September 22
Quote from: HAL6128 on 17:36, 17 September 22Hi @gerald
Strange?!
Well, Abalore version has a difference from the official V1.4  :o
There is a change in the Plus detection code where the ROM configuration is kept for Plus even if we detect a CPC.
@abalore  : what is the reason for that change, should I put it in the official code ?
Honestly, I don't remember, but feel free to add it. I thought your latest version was compatible with CPC already.

TotO

As I remember a version was done for the CPC compatibility but with a raster bug for the menu selection. So gerald fixed the bug and released a new one that I'm using both on CPC and Plus.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Spear

Hello, how do we build this device ? I can't find any data, maybe I haven't looked at the right place ?

destroyer

@abalore Is there a possibility of ordering a plus2cpc?.... or making it yourself?....