News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

printer roms (dmp-2000 etc)

Started by arnoldemu, 17:12, 12 August 10

Previous topic - Next topic

arnoldemu

I have tried to dump the dmp-1 rom but without success.
it's a 2732.
My rom boards only support 2764 minimum.
So is there somebody I can send this to who can dump it for me?

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

robcfg

I'll check tonight if my willem can dump the 2732 without any extra adapter.

robcfg

Hey, I think I can dump the 2732 with my board but if you are not in a rush, I'll be getting a friend's DMP-1 to dump its rom so you don't have to send it.

If it is your wish, you can send it to me anyway and I'll dump it for you. Just send me a PM.

robcfg

Just for the record, I correctly dumped a set of 2732 and 2716 eproms I found in a dark corner of my room and to my surprise it was the arcade game "Moon Shuttle".

I just tried it in MAME and works flawlessly!  8)

So, you know how to contact me for your 2732 dumping needs  ;D

By the way, anybody has heard of Nocash lately? I thought he would be very happy with the DMP2000 microcontroller dump...

robcfg

Good news!

I got a DMP-1 today and I uploaded the PCB scans and the rom dump to the printer's page.

It seems that there are two rom versions as the article in the wiki mentions the rom as labeled 8DE-1 and mine was 8DE-2. Notice the empty slot for another 2732 in the PCB.

@arnoldemu : If your printer has a 8DE-1 rom and you're interested in dumping it, send me a PM.

Time for some sleep...  :D

P.S.: The article mentions that the DMP-1 is a Seikosha GP500M-2 but my PCB is a GP500M-3.

robcfg

I dumped a Schneider DMP2000 from CPCManiaco and the first 0x2000 bytes are completely different from the other DMP2000 dump I made.

So, here you have it.

arnoldemu

Quote from: robcfg on 12:24, 17 December 10
I dumped a Schneider DMP2000 from CPCManiaco and the first 0x2000 bytes are completely different from the other DMP2000 dump I made.

So, here you have it.
great work!

I think you will receive that ROM i sent soon.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

robcfg

I received your letter this morning. I'll try to dump it tonight before I go to Germany tomorrow  8)

robcfg

And, we have a winner!  8)

The DMP1 Rom 8DE1 has been successfully dumped and added to the printer resources page.

Kevin, thanks for sending the ROM!

robcfg

Bringing this old thread back to life!

Someone asked on another forum abouth the microcontroller dumps, and I wen through the thread to check that we managed to dump it at CPCManiaco's place.

If I remember right, the dump of the DMP2000 microcontroller does not add anything tio the fonts. Could anyone confirm this? @nocash , perhaps?

Btw, I uploaded the Schneider DMP2000 rom that was posted in the forum but not to the printer resources page.

Have a nice day!  ;)

robcfg

Awakening thread from hypersleep!

Thanks to @Sauron we have pictures and rom dumps of the LQ3500di printer.

I would love to see the character set rendered...  ;)