News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Rare!!

Started by Colday, 14:19, 03 November 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Colday

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163927880420?ul_noapp=true

Don't see these very often at all.

Wish it had come up for sale in the new year!

:-(

Colday

Did all of the 472's have a 'foreign' keyboard or did some have the UK layout?

I know they were intended for the Spanish market after they changed the tax rules for 64k computers or less, but did they ship any with UK keyboards?

I thought they did. Would be interesting to know what the ratio was...

MiguelSky

That is a 472 "2nd generation", it is the same as a 464. The earlier models had English keyboard and fitted ROM BASIC 1.1. In fact, it was because of the keyboard that Indescomp designed that model: laws required all computers up to 64 kb mounted Spanish keyboard. They added 8kb RAM to avoid it. Laws changed later requiring all computers mounted Spanish keyboard and I figure they used the covers already made. But then they changed ROM to 1.0 as 1.1 got some incompatibility.

||C|-|E||

Indeed... I have one with the ROM 1.1 and English keyboard. I found it in a dumpster. Those were the days  :-\

00WReX

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 21:25, 03 November 19
Indeed... I have one with the ROM 1.1 and English keyboard. I found it in a dumpster. Those were the days  :-\
NICE  ;D

I have a 472 with Spanish keyboard...lucky enough to get it a few years ago, still cost me a bit, but a lot of that was unavoidable postage to Australia.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Gryzor

Rare, but probably not €300-rare.

||C|-|E||

Nah, I would definitely not pay 300 for it. For that money I would definitely go for a 664, maybe because I still don´t have one after all these years  :D

TotO

I think that CPC 472 is rare in France as the AZERTY keyboard is rare in Spain.  ;D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

deepfb

Quote from: Colday on 15:40, 03 November 19
Did all of the 472's have a 'foreign' keyboard or did some have the UK layout?

You are going to enjoy this one xD Yesterday I was asked to fix this 472:

The original power LED was not working, so someone decided to install another power LED to the left of the first one. They also replaced the original keyboard with that coming from a Schneider model (I wonder they can ask a lot of money for it... or not xD); and the poor monstrosity also had a second jack audio output coming directly from the speaker :-(

It was not switching on (power switch failure), not reading tapes (the gear that acts as a clutch was skidding), and not taking any kind interface (someone decided to add some solder to the contacts on the bus -to have "better" grip?). Now it works properly :-)