News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Read error a/b in some tapes

Started by bluestar, 22:42, 20 March 23

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 12:56, 25 March 23
Quote from: ikonsgr on 11:42, 25 March 23I really didn't expect to find anyone in 2023 loading games from cassettes tapes. Although i too, still enjoy using floppy disks, i'm afraid tapes are beyond my... "patience limit". :)
 You truly deserve the "patience & tolerance" award my friend!  :D 

Every so often I have a "tape mood" and load some of the classics from tape, just to relive and enjoy the experience.

Bryce.

Used to be a time I had a tape loading sound as my ringtone... 

Bryce

I prefer to use the analogue modem handshake noise for my ringtone. Since the 80's it lets me know that data is about to arrive.

Bryce.

ikonsgr

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 15:49, 25 March 23I prefer to use the analogue modem handshake noise for my ringtone. Since the 80's it lets me know that data is about to arrive.

Bryce.
Well hipsters haven't discovered audio data tapes yet.

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:57, 26 March 23
Quote from: Bryce on 15:49, 25 March 23I prefer to use the analogue modem handshake noise for my ringtone. Since the 80's it lets me know that data is about to arrive.

Bryce.
Well hipsters haven't discovered audio data tapes yet.
We're still busy trying to get our heads around these modern modes of transport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkJ6IORDw14

Bryce.

Devlin

Quote from: Bryce on 12:56, 25 March 23
Quote from: ikonsgr on 11:42, 25 March 23I really didn't expect to find anyone in 2023 loading games from cassettes tapes. Although i too, still enjoy using floppy disks, i'm afraid tapes are beyond my... "patience limit". :)
 You truly deserve the "patience & tolerance" award my friend!  :D 

Every so often I have a "tape mood" and load some of the classics from tape, just to relive and enjoy the experience.

Bryce.

Yep. Sometimes, all the expansions come out and the tapes go in. Find it more fun just to load off tapes sometimes.
CPC464 & CPC6128 + USIfAC II + Revaldinho 512k(universal cpld ver) - Schneider CRT TV
Administrator of Amstrad Discord : https://discord.gg/ksWvApv