News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC464 + Colour Monitor, not working out of attic...

Started by JD, 23:13, 09 March 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 12:55, 14 September 12
It can happen pretty quickly, especially if the machine is in the wrong environment and/or is in an area where the temperatures regularly fluctuate greatly. The old type IC sockets are generally always a source for a bad connection and line capacitance too.

Bryce.

P.s. I thought the correct height to drop an ST was 20 Metres?... I was always on the Amiga side of the fence :)

Yeah, if it landed on an Amiga then it was indeed. Plus, I've thrown my ST off the table more times than I'd care to count (ergonomics FTW!), never suffered a thing.

Bryce

Ah, the Amiga was so fast it would get out of the way in time. Does the ST play superior quality music on the way down? :D

Bryce.

Isn't it refreshing to have an Amiga / ST battle instead of the usual CPC / C64 ones?

Gryzor

No, but it can do it in great 3D style. By the time the Amiga has calculated the escape vector it'll have been all over.

Not to mention that a MIDI keyboard (cue piano analogies) may be following in which case...

I see you and raise you a Gizmondo vs a Game.com .

ralferoo

Quote from: Bryce on 13:17, 14 September 12
Isn't it refreshing to have an Amiga / ST battle instead of the usual CPC / C64 ones?
Oh, you should come and join the CPC / Speccy one I seem to have accidentally started...  :o

Gryzor

Quote from: ralferoo on 13:37, 14 September 12
Oh, you should come and join the CPC / Speccy one I seem to have accidentally started...  :o

Please stay on topic, son.

Bryce

ivarf

Quote from: ralferoo on 13:37, 14 September 12
Where where where? I want to join in :)

MaV

Quote from: Bryce on 13:17, 14 September 12
Ah, the Amiga was so fast it would get out of the way in time. Does the ST play superior quality music on the way down? :D
There's no need for superior quality music for the ST, as the Amiga actually is slower (ST: 8MHz vs. Amiga: 7,09379 on PAL). Thus she wouldn't know what hit it, even when the ST plays music all the way down. :P

(Actually I prefer the Amiga.)
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."