News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

retro & new combination

Started by radu14m, 06:27, 28 February 16

Previous topic - Next topic

radu14m

just found this "combination" for C64, and i want to have it in my CPC too.

who can do it and what would it cost ?
:P :P :P

seanb

What is the RetroPC64 Hybrid?
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Bryce

A C64 and a PC in a C64 case, with a switch to switch the keyboard between systems. Nicely done, but why?

Bryce.

radu14m

i would love to have a cpc and a pc in the cpc case :)

||C|-|E||

Huuuum... I am never very sure about these type of things. It is cool but... I almost feel better leaving the Amstrad alone  :D

Gryzor

Hey, I wouldn't mind one... because, why not. Also, I'd love to be able to finally use a CPC keyboard for modern uses :)

villain

Quote from: radu14m on 20:56, 28 February 16
i would love to have a cpc and a pc in the cpc case :)

Five years later you have two retro systems in one case. One of them useless.  :D

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:53, 29 February 16
Hey, I wouldn't mind one... because, why not. Also, I'd love to be able to finally use a CPC keyboard for modern uses :)

The membrane wouldn't last 5 minutes under day to day use. Better to get a proper IBM Model M.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

||C|-|E||

The IBM model M is actually indestructible, I have been constantly using mine at home since the 90s and is still in one piece. Moreover, it looks like new. Wonderful piece of hardware, although very noisy  :picard:

OCT

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 21:49, 29 February 16
The IBM model M is actually indestructible, I have been constantly using mine at home since the 90s and is still in one piece. Moreover, it looks like new. Wonderful piece of hardware, although very noisy  :picard:
AKA an "office machine gun" (main effect: gets you out of the open-plan/cubicle and into a real office of your own instantly.  8) Or fired!).
Model M "FTW":  ;D Care and feeding of an IBM Model M 1391406 keyboard Full disclosure: I happen to own the 1391403 with the highest known serial number (i.e. one of the last ever built).

MacDeath

weren't those IBM actually more expensive than even Apple's computers ?

Anyway I'm pretty sure that with some tweak and soldering, you can fit a CPC/PLUS motherboard as extension on a PC1512...

||C|-|E||

Mine is one of the first  :D :D and yes, it belonged to one of those super expensive IBMs that were sold looong ago. I found it in 1993 and I have been using it since then. I keep another one, but it was never necessary to replace it  :D

Sadly, I do not dare to take the second one to the lab!