News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

SDCard HxC Firmware v1.7.1.2

Started by RufUsul, 23:25, 30 July 12

Previous topic - Next topic

RufUsul

Hi,

i tried to update Firmware v1.6.0.0 to v1.7.1.2 on my SDCard HxC Rev C (running as drive A, without a real floppy drive).
The update itself went smooth and also loading the Emulation Manager v2.4 or v2.5 via AUTOBOOT.HFE.
But regardless which HFE image i select the device gets stuck at the first CAT command.
Only switching back to AUTOBOOT.HFE works.

I tried to reset the settings in the new embedded setting menu -> no change at all...

Did anyone else try to update?
Did it work for you?

thanks
RufUsul

Gryzor

Hm, I hadn't realised there's a new FW out...

However, RufUsul (and welcome!!) you may have more luck posting in a thread that Jeff seems to be following, like this one.

Going to check the new version now...

Gryzor

Hm, it's got some nice features:

09 July 2012: Firmware SD HxCFloppyEmulator v1.7.1.2

- Drive A <> Drive B constant polling issue corrected (Atari ST).
    - Better SD Card error handling.

08 July 2012: Firmware SD HxCFloppyEmulator v1.7.1.1

- New embedded setting menu : To access this menu remove the SDCard and press the select button
                                  By this menu you can  :
                                     ->Change the floppy Interface mode
                                     ->Change the bitrate
                                     ->Change the track step mode
                                     ->Enable/disable the drive B
                                     ->Enable/disable the step sound
                                     ->Set the user interface sound volume
                                     ->Set the backlight timing
                                     ->Set the standby timing
                                     ->Check the software and bootloader version (integrity test included).
                                     ->Clear/reset the settings and reset the Emulator
                                     ->Exit this menu...

- SD Card :            Issue with some sd card corrected : Incompatibility with some SD chipset corrected.

- Write support :      Timing for MFM / FM 250/300/500KBits/s write support readjusted.
                           DataMark supported : 0xFB,0xF8 (deleted data mark), 0xFA,0xF9.
                           HFE file format enhanced : Track 0 Side 0 & Track 0 Side 1 track write mode can be different from the others tracks.

- New track seek algorithm : Faster track seek/settle time -> Faster Loading time !

- Flip disk function : the disk image can now be flipped (reverse side 0<->side 1).

- Bad track number at power up corrected (E-mu Emulator I/II, SP1200, Linn/Forat 9000...)

- Experimental "Rev2" HFE support : Correct some issue with some Amiga games/demos.

- Lots of internals code optimization...

Especially the improved SD supports, since I've had problems with lots of cards in the past...

There's also a "new" CPC Loader version, but no changelog.

RufUsul

Hi Gryzor,

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:42, 31 July 12
However, RufUsul (and welcome!!) you may have more luck posting in a thread that Jeff seems to be following, like this one.

Ok, i posted a link from HXC Software Issue (?) to this thread...

Thanks for the welcome!
RufUsul

RufUsul

Ah, and i forgot to mention that after going back to Firmware v1.6.0.0 everything works fine again.

TFM

The CPC Loader is not the same as that one which can be found on its coders homepage since month.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Jeff_HxC2001

Quote from: RufUsul on 19:36, 31 July 12
Ah, and i forgot to mention that after going back to Firmware v1.6.0.0 everything works fine again.

Please use the last file selector (v2.5):
http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/SDCard_HxC_Floppy_Emulator_Manager.zip

RufUsul

Quote from: Jeff_HxC2001 on 22:28, 31 July 12
Please use the last file selector (v2.5):
http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/SDCard_HxC_Floppy_Emulator_Manager.zip

I'm pretty sure that i already tried v2.5.
To be sure i just tried again -> same result, gets stuck at the first CAT command :-(

best regards
RufUsul

Jeff_HxC2001

Quote from: RufUsul on 22:54, 31 July 12
I'm pretty sure that i already tried v2.5.
To be sure i just tried again -> same result, gets stuck at the first CAT command :-(

best regards
RufUsul

In this case there is something else wrong: Probably the jumper setting.

I have just retried the thing on CPC 6128 with the lastest firmware + loader without any problem.

RufUsul

Quote from: Jeff_HxC2001 on 23:06, 31 July 12
In this case there is something else wrong: Probably the jumper setting.

Thanks, that's it!

The user manual is missing a description for the right jumper settings for a internal A drive.
When i was installing the HxC last year i just tried several jumper settings and most of them worked just fine, finally i just kept one of them ;-)
Now i'm using ID0 "down" instead of "up" and Firmware v1.7.1.2 is working fine.

Thanks again!
RufUsul

Badstarr

Try copying everything on the SD card to a folder on your PC/Mac then remove the autoboot file from the folder that the HxC Software installs (I can't remember what the file is called right now but will check). When all your images are safely on your hard disk format the SD card again as FAT32 then open up the HxC software and reapply the Autoboot/settings software and then copy the images inside the folder back to the SD Card. It's also worth mentioning that if you have too many files on the root of the SD card the HxC will not play nice so it's best to sub divide the contents into alphabetic folders for example.

Oops didn't read the bit where you solved the problem but I will leave this post as it may be useful to someone else in the future!
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

Gryzor

Jeff, wish your page had an RSS feed or you had a mailing list to follow the updates... would you consider it? :)