P

SDCard HxC Test with Parados - FutureOS - BDOS1.72 / faulty PCB at my 6128

Started by Pentagon, 02:38, 08 July 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Pentagon

Hello TFM,
thank you so so much !!!

I will buy that parts at Reichelt Electronics and will modify my RRB. I keep you informed with that. I also will change the akku to a brandnew. But our good old round akku is sold out in germany. I have to use a Varta 2.4 Volt or 3.6 Volt. Its a complete other design then our akku we knew from RRB.

Thanks again, i am sure we will fix that problem

Kindly Regards
Tom

TFM

Quote from: Pentagon on 22:51, 09 July 10
I will buy that parts at Reichelt Electronics and will modify my RRB. I keep you informed with that. I also will change the akku to a brandnew. But our good old round akku is sold out in germany. I have to use a Varta 2.4 Volt or 3.6 Volt. Its a complete other design then our akku we knew from RRB.

Hi, before you buy parts, check your RRB, they have different "evolvement" levels. Some have already some of the new parts.

About the akku: Shit! Damn! It's a shame, that such a part is no longer available!!! Sometimes I don't like to live on this planet!

Wish you all the luck you can get!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Pentagon

Hello,

yes its running fine, except at this one and only special early CPC. I havnt found any issue or faulty parts and checked everything 30 times.

So i think it should work.

Kindly Regards
Tom

TFM

Quote from: Pentagon on 18:58, 15 August 10
Hello,

yes its running fine, except at this one and only special early CPC. I havnt found any issue or faulty parts and checked everything 30 times.

So i think it should work.

Kindly Regards
Tom

Well, at least half-satisfying  ::)

May you can do the test again, with the HxC and FutureOS?
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

No test needed anymore. Nurgle comfirmed that it works flawless. Thanks to both of you.
TFM of FutureSoft

Pentagon

You are welcome, i test it yesterday with Rev.B. of SD-HxC and different CPC6128 units. I used the new megaflash from you with FOS, but i just got the same stripes and issues. What i am doing wrong? Do i have to patch the firmware of the SD-HxC for the timing? Its not working at my machines, i am sorry. FOS is initializing but i cant start the files from virtual mounted *.DSK. The CPC is crashing after some seconds and i got that stripes at my screen. So i cant confirm, thats its working flawless.

Kindly Regards
Pentagon

TFM

I assume you have the latest firmware update for the HxC.

Do you have some kind of hardware modifications at your CPC? A drive switch for example?

Well, can somebody else please check if the HxC does work with FutureOS?

In case the HxC doesn't work properly this should be communicated to its producer to fix that problem.
TFM of FutureSoft

Pentagon

QuoteI assume you have the latest firmware update for the HxC.

Sir, yes sir ;-)

QuoteDo you have some kind of hardware modifications at your CPC? A drive switch for example?

Sir, yes sir, i do have :-)

QuoteWell, can somebody else please check if the HxC does work with FutureOS?

In case the HxC doesn't work properly this should be communicated to its producer to fix that problem.

Maybe i am doing something wrong, if Nurgle have a special timing in the configtablefile of the HxC, i like to have that too please, so i can use and check my CPC too.

Thanks a lot for help,
Tom

Weil mein englisch so schlecht ist:

Hat Nurgle eine angepasste Firmwaredatei oder ein anderes timing im HxC? Das Ding ist ja flexibel ohne Ende. Ich befürchte das ich was falsch mache, meins ist Laufwerk A:, aber schnell umgesteckt auf B: oder einen anderen CPC. Im Plus hab ich es allerdings nicht versucht.

Danke schön
Gruß
Tom

TFM

Quote from: Pentagon on 18:55, 29 September 11
Maybe i am doing something wrong, if Nurgle have a special timing in the configtablefile of the HxC, i like to have that too please, so i can use and check my CPC too.

Your English is well. No, he never told me, but I will ask him.

However if a hardware modification sets "Drive Ready" constantly, this may cause trouble, but I don't know.

We need the expertise from somebody who can use a CPC and the HxC (I have no access).
TFM of FutureSoft

Pentagon

QuoteHowever if a hardware modification sets "Drive Ready" constantly, this may cause trouble, but I don't know.

KK, thats maybe my problem, cause i have that configuration.

Thanks a lot, that helps me

Kindly regards
Tom

Gryzor

I have used FOS and the HxC in the past, I think it worked fine...

TFM

Thank's Gryzor! That brings us forward! My guess: The Ready-Signal is the problem. Solution: Use drives which have and set a Ready-Signal properly. It's not only a problem for FutureOS. SOS has the same Ready-Signal problems, well, that's what I heart.
TFM of FutureSoft

OCT

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:10, 30 September 11
SOS has the same Ready-Signal problems, well, that's what I heart.
As in "I♥SOS", or "SOS having problems"?
If it's the former, they'll mark that day you posted this on their calendars to celebrate annually, at a minimum. ;)

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

OCT

Just referring to your "I &heart; ..." quote ("I mo(a)g ..." on the other side of the pond) referring by typo to an unlikely target of TFM/FS affection. And no one has mentioned an ABBA switch just yet. Use your allusion... ;)

TFM

Quote from: OCT on 21:17, 03 October 11
Just referring to your "I &heart; ..." quote ("I mo(a)g ..." on the other side of the pond) referring by typo to an unlikely target of TFM/FS affection. And no one has mentioned an ABBA switch just yet. Use your allusion... ;)

Des muaß I ezad aba ned versteh!  :laugh: ;) :)

ABBA switch is something different again.

The problem with the Ready-Signal is the following: Slow OS just wait till the end of the head-load-time, advanced (D)OS wait until the drive states "Ready". Then all the file I/O happens...
TFM of FutureSoft