News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad 6128 PLUS

Started by sigh, 19:11, 05 January 11

Previous topic - Next topic

sigh

Finally got a UK 6128 PLUS. Been sitting in my room for a week and I hadn't had time to test it out until a few minutes ago, but it all works fine. Needs a serious clean!

Gryzor

Cleaning is really enjoyable. I always take photos along the way :)

sigh

I'm actually dreading this bit! It came with the utilities disk stuck inside it and I have no idea how long it's been in there for as I stupidly forgot to test it as I got a little absorbed in burning rubber. I have a good feeling that the drive belt has long disentegrated.

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:19, 21 April 11
Cleaning is really enjoyable. I always take photos along the way :)

If you make a movie out of the pictures, then you can call it morphing  ;D
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Skunkfish

I'm hoping my 6128+ is still sitting in the attic at the family home...

Dying to get it up and running again, now how do I explain to my girlfriend that it needs to take up some precious space in our one-bedroom flat?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

arnoldemu

Quote from: Skunkfish on 09:43, 11 May 11

Dying to get it up and running again, now how do I explain to my girlfriend that it needs to take up some precious space in our one-bedroom flat?
Well you could say you are sharing the space, her stuff is on show, and so is some of yours.
She has her interests, and this is yours.

I'd keep the space it uses to a minimum to avoid fuss, and if she doesn't like the look of it, perhaps cover it with a sheet when you're not using it.

I would also make sure that you ensure you still spend quality time with her, so that the cpc doesn't take over.

And work out a way that you can spend time on it, but she also gets her time with you.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

MacDeath

QuoteDying to get it up and running again, now how do I explain to my girlfriend that it needs to take up some precious space in our one-bedroom flat?
Don't worry... Having such a machine and to use it make miraculously the girlfirend disapear...
problem solved !

:laugh:

Bryce

If she doesn't accept your hobby and leaves, then she wasn't the right one anyway.

My Girlfriend complained that we didn't do enough together, so I bought her a soldering iron and she still wasn't happy. Women, hard to understand and even more difficult to please!

Bryce.

norecess

Ahah ! On my side, I tend to think (girl or not) that a computer has not his place in a bedroom. Of couse, if space allows it.

MacDeath

QuoteMy Girlfriend complained that we didn't do enough together, so I bought her a soldering iron and she still wasn't happy. Women, hard to understand and even more difficult to please!
:laugh: got me on this one...

perhaps you should find a pink soldering Iron...

We all know there is only one perfect woman in the world :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ellsworth

Yet she's more into C64.  :'(

MaV

Quote from: MacDeath on 14:42, 11 May 11
We all know there is only one perfect woman in the world :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ellsworth

Yet she's more into C64.  :'(

If she ain't a reason to buy a C64 I don't know what is.  :-* (to her not you.  :P )

I have to admit, I can't really complain. Two hours before our wedding, my (then soon to be) wife and I went to buy a DVD drive, because hers was defect. It's all about priorities.  :D I even showed her Batman Forever, and she liked it!

There's only one stain on our marriage ... she had a Speccy in her youth.  :laugh:
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

MacDeath

QuoteThere's only one stain on our marriage ... she had a Speccy in her youth.
I hope her eyes are not definitely hurt...  ???

MaV

Quote from: MacDeath on 15:04, 11 May 11
I hope her eyes are not definitely hurt...  ???

Well, she looks at me and doesn't scream in horror. I can't tell if that's a good or bad sign.  ;)

It's interesting actually. Whenever she recognizes a game on the CPC, you can be sure it's a Speccy port. ;D
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Skunkfish

I'll broach the subject at dinner tonight... Not entirely sure she knows what a CPC is as she's from Finland, did they reach there?

I've sent my Snes, Neo Geo, Saturn and N64 off to a good home so I think I'll be allowed one small vice.
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Bryce

We have CPC Wiki Members from Finland, so they obviously existed in some form there.

Bryce.

EgoTrip

Quote from: Skunkfish on 09:43, 11 May 11

If she objects, I can give it a good home

Gryzor

"It will only stay here for a few days, enough for me to play some games". Works every time for me. :D

OCT

Quote from: Bryce on 13:10, 11 May 11
My Girlfriend complained that we didn't do enough together, so I bought her a soldering iron and she still wasn't happy.
I see it wasn't just me thinking of Jeri Ellsworth when reading this line - but for one particular reason:
http://www.gossipgamers.com/a-handbag-that-actually-makes-sense-at-least-to-gamers/

Gryzor

Sorry, that's ridiculous. Just gluing stuff on top of other stuff doesn't make it new, good or innovative stuff.

Bryce

That's one of Jeris lamer mods, but she has created some really cool stuff in the past and she does really know her stuff. Either way, I prefer Emma Watson. She might not know how to solder, but I could forgive her for that one flaw ;)

Bryce.

OCT

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:07, 12 May 11
Sorry, that's ridiculous.
It's not if you taught yourself VHDL and designed the FPGAs emulating Nintendo, C64 & friends (i.e. driving this handbag).
Moreover, she's living proof that women do love these things & Bryce's only mistake was not getting his GF a butane soldering iron. ;)

Bryce

Hmmm, so that's where I went wrong. Not to worry, I will get her one for her next Birthday... I can see that look of delight on her face right now :)

Bryce.

Ynot.zer0

Quote from: OCT on 17:08, 12 May 11
It's not if you taught yourself VHDL and designed the FPGAs emulating Nintendo, C64 & friends (i.e. driving this handbag).
Moreover, she's living proof that women do love these things & Bryce's only mistake was not getting his GF a butane soldering iron. ;)

my missus has a Clarke Weld Micro Torch - she bought it herself :D