News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Non working Multiface II

Started by actualreality, 16:38, 06 February 13

Previous topic - Next topic

actualreality

Hi all
I have a multiface ii that i have been given, which is great.
Problem is that when it's plugged in to either my 464 or my 6128, the screen is blank, no life whatsoever, remove it and everything is back to normal.
Any ideas would be gratefully received!
Regards
Darren

Bryce

First of all, they are full of PAL chips (Programmable Logic Chips), which no-one has the contents of, so fixing anything on the PCB is more or less impossible. However, the problem might be a lot simpler:

1 - Have you properly cleaned the edge connector of the CPC before connecting the MultiFace - No? Then do that first.

2 - If that didn't fix it, there's a chance that one of the buttons might be shorted, they were cheap and nasty buttons that were used. Open the Multiface and check that the two buttons haven't shorted inside.

Unfortunately, that's about it. If neither of those solved your problem, there's a good chance that it's an ex-MultiFace.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: actualreality on 16:38, 06 February 13
Hi all
I have a multiface ii that i have been given, which is great.
Problem is that when it's plugged in to either my 464 or my 6128, the screen is blank, no life whatsoever, remove it and everything is back to normal.
Any ideas would be gratefully received!
Regards
Darren
Sounds like a constant contact of the swich which activates the MFII. Check the buttons please if they have a shortcut. Cleaning the MFII may help too. Good luck :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus