News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Tecnobytes V9990 New Batch

Started by zhulien, 00:35, 06 September 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like a new Tecnobytes V9990 graphics card?

Yes, I want one ASAP as part of a potential next batch.
30 (54.5%)
Yes, but I am not in any hurry for one.
6 (10.9%)
I wish I can have one, but it's currently too expensive.
6 (10.9%)
Not really interested.
13 (23.6%)

Total Members Voted: 55

zhulien

I don't know what shipping is, I know it is USD38 for 8 units to Melbourne, Australia - but I am not buying 8 units... it should be less than half of that for 1 unit to me.

So i can collate all your email addresses and onforward them to Rogerio of Tecnobytes so he can invoice you all,

please PM me with your:

First Name:
Last Name:
City:
email address:

Just like above so it is very clear to me and Rogerio.

For security, don't pay for anything unless it is a v9990 invoice from Tecnobytes.  I will let technobytes request your full postal addresses so you don't need to share those with me, or maybe when you pay you can provide that.

Note: we don't YET have 24 people but we are close, and it is nice of them to include the SVideo + Composite adapters as a bonus.

LewisCPC

Quote from: zhulien on 00:40, 06 September 21
The below users would like a new v9990 graphics card in Mother X4 configuration:

(Details received via PM)

• zhulien
  • Richard_Lloyd
  • Joseman
  • Skunkfish
  • HigashiJun
  • ajcasado
  • LewisCPC
  • Edoz(MSX)
  • chilli_taff
  • DoctorCPC
  • JayBlood
  • craem
(Pending Details)

• AnakinTF
  • Luis_CPC
  • valfac
  • vhenares
  • OncleCed
  • kawickboy
  • teopl
  • Poliander
  • Drtad

Oops... just sent you my details again haha

LewisCPC

You can up mine to two in order to make up numbers, if you like... also...

If the order is successful, is there a decent resource I can dip into regarding using the device? I understand that there is an adapter that will allow me to use MSX carts developed for the 9990 on my CPC. Would like to know what I need to do this :)

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: LewisCPC on 19:36, 13 October 21LewisCPC

If I understood correctly, The version to be manufactured is v9990 with the Amstrad connector, on the other side ... you will only need an MX4 board to connect it to the CPC ... there is an adapter called AMSDAP, which is used to connect MSX hardware that uses a MSX cartridge in the CPC, such as the SE-ONE or the MSX v9990.
I imagine the v9990 board is similar to this previous one that was made:

MX4 Board

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

zhulien

Tecnobytes should work in any Amstrad CPC or clone with MX4 slots, that should include:

- CPC 464, CPC 664, CPC6128, 6128Plus, 464Plus with AMSDAP or MX4 or even just a cable (but with just a cable you effectively have 1 slot)

- Just CPC (it already has 2 MX4 slots in it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT6JmjpTJXI

- Just CPC 4ATX (it already has 7 MX4 slots in it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DykFhtNbgGk

OncleCed

Hello,

I will use with Amsdap.  :)

V9990 will not single, I've a Symbiface III too.

ikari

lol and I bought on ebay 🤦🏻‍♂️

what can we run on it? ;x
A proud owner of a couple of 6128, one since childhood, 464s, 664, the Pluses, some accessories, a Spectrum +3 and a ... C64 Maxi.

Trebmint

Quote from: ikari on 20:29, 15 October 21
lol and I bought on ebay 🤦🏻‍♂️

what can we run on it? ;x
Well I'm currently developing the QG9kEngine for Symbos/Quigs for V9990.... After completing flappy bird, Edo & my first little demo is going to be a micromachines type game. This is just a mice little test of large maps and scrolling.
[size=78%]
https://youtu.be/qHfNJ0ewB5w[/size]

This is cross platform with v9990 on CPC/MSX and Enterprise using symbos

HigashiJun

HigashiJun

zhulien

Hi everyone below, I am still waiting for your details to be PM'd to me so we can place the order.  Please let me know also if you do NOT want to go ahead. Thanks.

@Luis_CPC
@vhenares
@OncleCed
@kawickboy
@Poliander
@Drtad

Luis_CPC

Hello, I sent PM twice but I hit the envelope icon and not the correct icon, so of course you did not get it. Sorry, my fault!!

PM sent right now, if not recived please notify me. Thanks!!

(And of course, I go ahead!!)

Drtad

Sending

Quote from: zhulien on 15:24, 17 October 21
Hi everyone below, I am still waiting for your details to be PM'd to me so we can place the order.  Please let me know also if you do NOT want to go ahead. Thanks.

@Luis_CPC
@vhenares
@OncleCed
@kawickboy
@Poliander
@Drtad

zhulien

Hi Everyone, we are only at 17, we need to make 24 orders for Tecnobytes.

That is 7 more (which could include the 4 who haven't PM'd me yet unless you are changing your mind - which you can).

LewisCPC

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 10:13, 14 October 21
If I understood correctly, The version to be manufactured is v9990 with the Amstrad connector, on the other side ... you will only need an MX4 board to connect it to the CPC ... there is an adapter called AMSDAP, which is used to connect MSX hardware that uses a MSX cartridge in the CPC, such as the SE-ONE or the MSX v9990.
I imagine the v9990 board is similar to this previous one that was made:

Will be able to launch supported software from the Amstrad without any extras?

Joseman

Quote from: zhulien on 15:18, 18 October 21
Hi Everyone, we are only at 17, we need to make 24 orders for Tecnobytes.

That is 7 more (which could include the 4 who haven't PM'd me yet unless you are changing your mind - which you can).
If it is needed i'll buy 1 more unit (only if needed!!)

zhulien

Hi Everyone,

We are at 18 people (I know a couple of you have offered to buy 2 units), mention that to Tecnobytes when you place your order.

We need another 6 people so i can place the order.  Surely the ability to run Symbos with some software coming out that supports the v9990 is exciting? 

Joseman

Quote from: zhulien on 11:19, 21 October 21
Hi Everyone,

We are at 18 people (I know a couple of you have offered to buy 2 units), mention that to Tecnobytes when you place your order.

We need another 6 people so i can place the order.  Surely the ability to run Symbos with some software coming out that supports the v9990 is exciting?
I think that the batch is going to be made... only a little more patience.

zhulien

Quote from: Joseman on 16:06, 21 October 21
I think that the batch is going to be made... only a little more patience.

Just afraid the longer the wait, people will start changing their minds :D

Joseman

Quote from: zhulien on 16:13, 21 October 21

Just afraid the longer the wait, people will start changing their minds :D
With the videos of Micro Machines i doubt it!!

TotO

Quote from: Joseman on 16:21, 21 October 21
With the videos of Micro Machines i doubt it!!
It is just a tilemap displayed from the VDP memory that scroll by moving a sprite to increment few registers. I hope that will be a game, but it is very very far to the final goal to be hyped now.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Prodatron

Quote from: TotO on 18:30, 21 October 21
It is just a tilemap displayed from the VDP memory that scroll by moving a sprite to increment few registers. I hope that will be a game, but it is very very far to the final goal to be hyped now.
Hm, why so negative about a new V9990 batch and the current developments?  :(
There are more than 40 SymbOS applications now running nice on the Graphics 9000 on CPC/MSX/Enterprise,
and one very nice looking casual full screen game (Flappy Birds) beside some more demos,
and the next one (Micro Machines) is now under construction and already in an advanced stage. Very important stuff is already working now and there is a lot of CPU time left for the remaining stuff even on a 3,5MHz system.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

TotO

Quote from: Prodatron on 19:54, 21 October 21
Hm, why so negative about a new V9990 batch and the current developments?  :(
Hey, it is not negative but objective. I had prefered this VDP expansion with a video signal passthrough to display all on the CPC monitor by using /YS and a multiplexer IC. I understand that is nice for SymbOS, but I don't see any interrest except that. (much more by using V99x8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Prodatron

Do you think, that superimposing or signal passtrough is more easy for the 9938 compared to the 9990? Both require additional hardware to do this. I am not a hardware guy at all, so I have no idea.

But when you have a look at the Philips 8280 it's already a lot of stuff. AFAIK the 9938 can't do this without any extra hardware. So I wonder what's the issue with the 9990 compared to the 9938 regarding this?

For the V9990 it looks similiar with the Video 9000, which does superimpose as well.

Another question is:
Since the V9990 has been connected successfully to the CPC for the first time, already 4 years passed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plQf9_7zPSA
It is available since 4 years, fully working, and we made new software for it and can use all existing ones for SymbOS as well, so you already have a lot of 16 colour stuff on the CPC running at very high screen resolutions.
But nobody else created another video hardware during this time. Why should this happen right now?
There are probably other graphic chips, which are fine as well. From my side, it would be very easy and really cool to port and use the VDP9938 MSX screen driver to SymbOS CPC as well, if someone would build such a hardware.

But if such hardware is not available, and no one is planning to do something within a realistic time frame, it doesn't make sense to say, that the G9K is not a good solution, except you want to talk in a negative way about a current project, which already exists. But this wouldn't be nice.

The main reason for using the G9K as a new standard video card for the CPC/MSX/Enterprise (maybe even PCW in the future) regarding platform independant fullscreen games is, that's it's probably the most powerful and easy to program video card which has ever been developed for an 8bit system.

---------------
9938 Superimposer hardware:

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

TotO

This is another thing. I talked about the fact that using the V99x8 was compatible with SymbOS and offered the possibility of porting existing MSX games to the CPC. this was not directly related to the ability to display everything on the same screen, but is more relevant for the V9990.

I know all of these things, I saw this on the internet and at the Revision event with you. Just because I would like the V9990 card to be different doesn't mean my post is negative. I explain a point of view, that's all. Something that seems to be difficult to have for 5 years with all these social networks that only allow you to say "like" and no longer to think differently or exchange opinions without being classified or upset people.

Trebmint

Quote from: TotO on 21:56, 21 October 21
This is another thing. I talked about the fact that using the V99x8 was compatible with SymbOS and offered the possibility of porting existing MSX games to the CPC. this was not directly related to the ability to display everything on the same screen, but is more relevant for the V9990.

I know all of these things, I saw this on the internet and at the Revision event with you. Just because I would like the V9990 card to be different doesn't mean my post is negative. I explain a point of view, that's all. Something that seems to be difficult to have for 5 years with all these social networks that only allow you to say "like" and no longer to think differently or exchange opinions without being classified or upset people.
Yes but the idea of this thread is (probably now was) to get enough people together to order a batch of a card that exists... But that's been derailed. Seems the objective is to stop people ordering this real piece of hardware for an idea you have in your head.