News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Tecnobytes V9990 New Batch

Started by zhulien, 00:35, 06 September 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like a new Tecnobytes V9990 graphics card?

Yes, I want one ASAP as part of a potential next batch.
30 (54.5%)
Yes, but I am not in any hurry for one.
6 (10.9%)
I wish I can have one, but it's currently too expensive.
6 (10.9%)
Not really interested.
13 (23.6%)

Total Members Voted: 55

TotO

Quote from: Trebmint on 22:11, 21 October 21
Yes but the idea of this thread is (probably now was) to get enough people together to order a batch of a card that exists... But that's been derailed. Seems the objective is to stop people ordering this real piece of hardware for an idea you have in your head.
I really doubt about that, because the poll has grown after the post to explain my choice. I have no doubt that people can choose for themselves according to their desires and uses, because the V9990 is a great Yamaha VDP, close to the Mega Drive one, but for 8-bit systems.

EDIT: Looking the poll again, you have reach the number required (22+3) and you just have to wait them to pay.
I'm pretty sure that some other people will ask for the expansion late (hurry up!), because "avaliable".
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

zhulien

Yes the poll does say that, but unfortunately only 18 people have provided me with their details to pass on.  A couple of those are interested in more than 1 card.  We are almost there.

As a separate project, perhaps someone will design an external video / audio switching / mixing box for CPCs with up to 4 stereo inputs and 2 video inputs? 

XeNoMoRPH

maybe some people have not realized that they have to submit the data, because they do not check the forum often, could it be? .. I have warned everyone I know.
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

gflorez

Yes, I think this is not the place to begin a discussion about how better would be a theoretic V9958 based graphics card against a real-working-with-software v9990 graphics card... 

Putting these discouraging "opinions" on a thread only asking for V9990 buyers seems for me that there is a second intention, may be a third intention...

TotO

Quote from: gflorez on 10:12, 22 October 21
Putting these discouraging "opinions" on a thread only asking for V9990 buyers seems for me that there is a second intention, may be a third intention...
Do not try to search problems where they are not. You are not on Facebook. Thank you.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

kawickboy

Quote from: Drtad on 17:53, 17 October 21
Sending

Hello, sorry i didn't receive any PM or alert. What are you waiting for ?

zhulien

Ok, I will PM those i am waiting on when I get home.

kawickboy

Hi, sorry i didn't receive any PM.

DoctorCPC

hi i didnt receive mail about v9990. i can give me information again.volkan(et=)volkanatasever(dot)comvolkan(et=)s4g.emailmy whatsapp number: +905554983655istanbul/turkeyVolkan Atasever
My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)
PCW Hardware: GOTEK, PCWIO, uIDE (Soon), uRTC (Soon)

Editor-In-Chief / ACUC Magazine - Amstrad CPC User Club Magazine (Soon)
www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics
www.cpcuserclub.com / +90 555 498 36 55 for adding WhatsApp Group

1024MAK

I may be interested in one of these.

I do have some questions. Forgive me if any of these were answered earlier in the thread.

How many of these (and I mean the CPC version) are already in use? Do we know?

Apart from SymbOS, is there any other software that can make use of this card?
Is there a test program (even a simple one) or demo that does not need SymbOS, so that it's easy to see if the card and the monitor connections are working?

I can't tell from Tecnobytes web site. I presume they are based in the E.U.. Hence I have to keep in mind that due to the U.K. having left the E.U., if I buy one of these, I will have to pay VAT at 20% plus an administration charge on top of the total of the selling price and postage / shipping. That is unless Tecnobytes have arrangements in place to charge U.K. VAT before sending it or import it into the U.K., charge U.K. VAT and then post it out.

It gets significantly more expensive if I end up paying E.U. tax and then U.K. VAT on top...  >:(

As VAT is supposed to be charged on the price including the postage/shipping costs, I would like to have a better idea of the postage/shipping costs. I'm in the mainland U.K..

Is there any way to contact Tecnobytes so that I can ask them directly about taxes and postage / shipping costs?

Mark

Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

Prodatron

Hi Mark,
Tecnobytes is based in Brazil.
There is this "Robot Demo" called testprogram for the CPCs V9990, which can be started from Amsdos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16GFIp7LJR4
I have to search for the files again.
Maybe Zhulien can answer your other questions?
Cheers,Prodatron

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

1024MAK

Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

gflorez

Taxes don't work as that.... even if you buy from E.U. you only pay one tax in your country...

They works as this: The origin country seller will charge you only the price of the item+shipping, without taxes. Once it arrived to your country, the item will be evaluated at Customs, and they will decide your added tax. It can travel through a lot of countries, and none of them will increase the value.

So, at the end, is your own country who will calculate how much tax will apply, usually similar to the VAT. The difference is if they include the shipping on the calculation base, and if they charge you additionally for the packet manipulation, but always inside your country. Not much about this has changed between UK and E.U. since Brexit, only that the they are now third countries for each other, no more associated.

All countries -including the "evil" E. U.- manage the same rules.

There is other way: Sometimes the seller can offer you to pay your taxes in the origin country. Accept it quickly. Usually the process will be cheaper and faster because, when the packet will arrive to your country Customs, the officials will be forced to admit it as tax applied.

gflorez

You can find the "Robot demo" files here, on an old thread of this web page.

zhulien

Hi Mark,

Prodatron is correct, they are based in Brazil.  I don't know how many originally were in the first batch - but I suspect there are at least 30 in circulation now, could be more, but I would be surprised if there were more than 100.

I don't know how VAT works in UK in relation to Brazil.  Something to consider.  They will invoice you direct when I have everyone's details - I think that is the best way so everyone doesn't need to provide me or someone else with payment details.

Yes, contact them on their website.   http://www.tecnobytes.com.br/p/v9990-powergraph_10.html

or here:   

Rogério Belarmino

amenophis3 AT gmail DOT com

Note: he is also in facebook under the tecnobytes page if that helps.

zhulien

Quote from: gflorez on 08:26, 01 November 21
You can find the "Robot demo" files here, on an old thread of this web page.

That link didn't work for me, is there another location for it?

GUNHED

http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

HigashiJun

So are there some interesting news ?
HigashiJun

tmf

Hi,
Please count me for one, whenever possible.
Thanks - Tomek

Prodatron

Quote from: zhulien on 07:10, 22 October 21
Yes the poll does say that, but unfortunately only 18 people have provided me with their details to pass on.  A couple of those are interested in more than 1 card.  We are almost there.
Will this batch still be possible? What is Tecnobytes thinking? Would 20 be already enough?

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

zhulien

Even if we get 24 people, I will be passing the info on to tecnobytes - and there is still the 'hope' all those people pay.  For now we sit at 19.

teopl

Neurox66

CPC 464+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive - 
CPC 6128+ with Nova, FlashGordon,AmsDap, SymbiFace III -
CPC 6128 with M4 ... and other Amstrad computers

Redbug

Hello,

What's the status of the command ? Still available ? (I could be interested if it is ;p)
RedBug/Crazy Piri
Crazy Piri's productions are available on itch.io
AMSnews.fr, a new french information site about the Amstrad. Be the first to know.

OneVision

I'm also interested !

Please count me in.