News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Tecnobytes V9990 New Batch

Started by zhulien, 00:35, 06 September 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like a new Tecnobytes V9990 graphics card?

Yes, I want one ASAP as part of a potential next batch.
30 (54.5%)
Yes, but I am not in any hurry for one.
6 (10.9%)
I wish I can have one, but it's currently too expensive.
6 (10.9%)
Not really interested.
13 (23.6%)

Total Members Voted: 55

chilli_taff

Just to let you know I've had an email through apologising for the delay and the paypal invoice.

All good

zhulien

My invoice came through a few hours ago

Evildead666

Same here, came through today.Not in Spam folder ;)

HigashiJun

HigashiJun

HigashiJun

And I would like to thank zhulien for his involvement in helping us getting this nice piece of hardware.

Thank you zhulien !

8)
HigashiJun

zhulien

Welcome but all credit really goes to the original team that includes Prodatron, all i did was convince tecnobytes to run another batch.  With luck more software will come out on Symbos and perhaps Amsdos eventually to get enough interest for future batches. For now the CPC v9990 community is very small.

LewisCPC

HigashiJun

Received a confirmation for my payment.

Tecnobytes delivery forecast will be in 2 and half months from the total payment of the group.

HigashiJun

zhulien

Hi, I have an update from Tecnobytes - 15 customers have paid, 11 they are still waiting for - I have PM'd the 11, please check your SPAM.

teopl

I saw email just yesterday and sent them email asking for payment details.

I need just 2 things:

- PayPal destination
- amount in euro or $

:)

JayBlood

Thanks to Zhulien. I ordered mine today. ;)
Jay

zhulien

Update, some people have not yet paid their invoice, I have asked if any new latecomers can be added to the batch (this week) - and although I haven't yet got a response, if you do want a gfx card and are not already listed send me the following details ASAP and I will forward them on to tecnobytes and with some luck you will be able to get a gfx card too.

Latecomers!

First Name:
Last Name:
City:
Address:
email address:

megatronuk

Just sent a PM re: the latecomer list.

genesis8

Instead of using a VGA 15 Hz monitor which can be hard to find, it seems this item could be used using a TV with SCART :
https://www.tindie.com/products/spark2k06/monochromergb/
Seller is in Spain.
VGA at 15.7Khz horizontal frequency to SCART with automatic 4:3 <-> 16:9 aspect change for compatible TVs, being necessary 5V power supply via microUSB or from the VGA connector itself. This is possible thanks to the implementation of another project, called The ultimate VGA to SCART adapter

zhulien

Quote from: megatronuk on 13:30, 06 February 22
Just sent a PM re: the latecomer list.

I haven't received any PM from you yet.

zhulien

We now have 5 more people remaining to pay their invoices, please those who I have PM'd pay your invoice asap.

Thanks

megatronuk

Quote from: zhulien on 01:43, 08 February 22

I haven't received any PM from you yet.

I think I must have clicked the "send email" form, rather than "send message". PM now definitely sent  :D

megatronuk

Invoice received and paid!

Anyone have any inside info over whether a new MSX batch is coming in the future?

Prodatron

As far as I understand there is a parallel MSX V9990 batch as well from Tecnobytes currently.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

zhulien

We have had a few cancellations and a couple of others filling in their spots - unfortunately so far it 'may' be 1 spot more than they are going to produce, but i have forwarded the details anyhow as I hope they can fulfill all spots.  This batch size is 24 units, possibly 25 if they will make an additional one.   I have record of 24 sales so I am awaiting a verification of their list of 25 vs my list of 24 - perhaps someone ordered 2 units.

kawickboy

Hello, my invoice was lost in spam box, but it is now canceled. Any issue to re-activate it ?

zhulien

zhulien

Hi Everyone, Just an update from Tecnobytes - 25 orders so far, they said we needed 24 to get the go ahead, almost everyone has paid.  And... there are actually 5 more cards available. So, I guess their batch is of 30 units.

HigashiJun

I guess it's the last chance to get your V9990 for your CPC, as Tecnobytes won't probably make new batches indefinitely...
HigashiJun

zhulien

From what I gather, there are 2 issues for future batches.  First is that the components are getting forever harder for them to obtain although I am sure someone could create an fpga solution from the existing msx cores out there - if they support v9990 that is.  Secondly is how many CPC users actually want one.  I believe every now and then there will be a bunch of CPC users enough to justify a new batch.