Tecnobytes V9990 New Batch

Started by zhulien, 02:35, 06 September 21

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Would you like a new Tecnobytes V9990 graphics card?

Yes, I want one ASAP as part of a potential next batch.
30 (55.6%)
Yes, but I am not in any hurry for one.
6 (11.1%)
I wish I can have one, but it's currently too expensive.
6 (11.1%)
Not really interested.
12 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 54

megatronuk

From what I gather, the existing emulation of the V9990 (in something like OpenMSX) is not perfect - the feedback on the MSX.org forums is that pretty much every new V9990 game or demo that comes out results in bug fixes in OpenMSX. Unlike something like the earlier V9938/9958 VDP designs, it doesn't appear to be emulated well enough to translate into an fpga design quite yet.

Prodatron

On the other side all the normal G9K stuff works great in OpenMSX and on the real Hardware. I Wonder If this is more Like the different crtc types.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

HigashiJun

Quote from: zhulien on 18:32, 19 February 22
From what I gather, there are 2 issues for future batches.  First is that the components are getting forever harder for them to obtain although I am sure someone could create an fpga solution from the existing msx cores out there - if they support v9990 that is.  Secondly is how many CPC users actually want one.  I believe every now and then there will be a bunch of CPC users enough to justify a new batch.

I personally do not like this FPGA emulation, which little by little and insidiously intrudes in our retro machines...

>:(
HigashiJun

zhulien

All current spots are closed. The additional cards were sold direct by Tecnobytes.


Please post in the forum when you receive your card so we all have a rough idea of when to expect ours.

LewisCPC

Still no sign of mine :( 

HigashiJun

Quote from: LewisCPC on 00:58, 12 May 22Still no sign of mine :(

We should hear from Tecnobytes soon.

The forecast was 2 and half months after everybody pays, and I guess all the interested persons paid at the end of February.

So mid-May or end of May should be good, provided no problem happened during production process.

HigashiJun

zhulien

I have emailed Tecnobytes to ask for an update, i will post it here when they reply.

Evildead666

@zhulien : Has there been no reply from Tecnobytes ?

zhulien

Not yet I will message again

zhulien

Just noticed from their website - Rogerio they mention is my contact.  http://www.tecnobytes.com.br/

"Hello everyone!

Thank you for shopping with Tecnobytes. We are very grateful for your confidence in us. We are striving to do our best to deliver you excellent hardware for you to use in your MSX, "the most magical of all microcomputers".

Unfortunately, one of our team members (Rogério Belarmino) has got the COVID-19 disease. He has taken first dose of vaccine and he is out of danger, but his mobility is limited due to his medical condition. 

So, some of our processes, such as the shipping will be delayed a little. We will ship all items as soon as possible. We just ask for a little patience at this time.

Thank you,
Tecnobytes Team."

zhulien

Does anyone know whether the Powergraph Lite MSX version with AMSDAP works as well as a CPC Powergraph?

XeNoMoRPH

#211
Quote from: zhulien on 09:54, 06 June 22Does anyone know whether the Powergraph Lite MSX version with AMSDAP works as well as a CPC Powergraph?



yes, I have the V9990 PowerGraph Light, with the AMSDAP, it works perfectly on my CPC, and of course on my MSX2

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

megatronuk

Quote from: zhulien on 09:53, 06 June 22Just noticed from their website - Rogerio they mention is my contact.  http://www.tecnobytes.com.br/

"Hello everyone!

Thank you for shopping with Tecnobytes. We are very grateful for your confidence in us. We are striving to do our best to deliver you excellent hardware for you to use in your MSX, "the most magical of all microcomputers".

Unfortunately, one of our team members (Rogério Belarmino) has got the COVID-19 disease. He has taken first dose of vaccine and he is out of danger, but his mobility is limited due to his medical condition.

So, some of our processes, such as the shipping will be delayed a little. We will ship all items as soon as possible. We just ask for a little patience at this time.

Thank you,
Tecnobytes Team."


I think that notice was relating to the delivery of the previous batch of MSX PowerGraph Lite carts in 2021.

zhulien

I've sent them another message this time via their website.

LewisCPC


JayBlood

Jay

HigashiJun

HigashiJun

franck2

Nothing here too. Zhulien, is it possible to track the shipment ?

HigashiJun

Quote from: franck2 on 12:43, 06 July 22Nothing here too. Zhulien, is it possible to track the shipment ?

Provided a shipment has been done...


HigashiJun

Neurox66

Quote from: HigashiJun on 13:05, 06 July 22
Quote from: franck2 on 12:43, 06 July 22Nothing here too. Zhulien, is it possible to track the shipment ?

Provided a shipment has been done...




Today is the sixth of July I really hope they have already been shipped
but I think the wait is still long  :o
CPC 464+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive - 
CPC 6128+ with Nova, FlashGordon,AmsDap, SymbiFace III -
CPC 6128 with M4

HigashiJun

Quote from: Neurox66 on 18:48, 06 July 22
Quote from: HigashiJun on 13:05, 06 July 22
Quote from: franck2 on 12:43, 06 July 22Nothing here too. Zhulien, is it possible to track the shipment ?

Provided a shipment has been done...




Today is the sixth of July I really hope they have already been shipped
but I think the wait is still long  :o

I guess Zhulien would have some kind of feedback if the shipment would have been sent.

Tecnobytes seems to be a serious seller, but not hearing anything from them is quite bad.
HigashiJun

Neurox66

Quote from: HigashiJun on 00:18, 07 July 22I guess Zhulien would have some kind of feedback if the shipment would have been sent.

Tecnobytes seems to be a serious seller, but not hearing anything from them is quite bad.

will certainly be as you say :)
We must always be hopeful :D
CPC 464+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive - 
CPC 6128+ with Nova, FlashGordon,AmsDap, SymbiFace III -
CPC 6128 with M4

megatronuk

Nothing here either, beyond the initial payment request months ago. I even answered the payment request and asked a question about potential additional batches of MSX carts, and it went unanswered.

JayBlood

Jay

TotO

#224
I will be not surprised they can't source the VDP.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod