News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The MegaFlash

Started by Bryce, 17:04, 05 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Well, I just clicked the wrong (first) link  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SyX

Great job with the Rom table Bryce!!! :)

Bryce

If you can fill in any of the missing data, don't hold back :D

Bryce.

SyX

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

robcfg

At your command!  ;D

Bryce

I see people have been busy :) I've also just updated some of the links too. A ROM list was badly missing from the Wiki. It's a good place to start for any ROMBoard owner, not just the MegaFlash.

Bryce.

Gryzor

...and we should probably promote it more prominently somewhere... but where?

Bryce

Well I added a link at the top of the Serious Software page. And also a link from the MegaFlash page. I'll add one from the MegaROM too.

Maybe a link directly under the ROMBoard lists in DIY and Peripherals would be appropriate?

Bryce.

HAL6128

Hi,
I tried to install ParaDos into the MegaFlash Slot 7 (replace AmsDos). But the CPC doesn't boot properly. With the description of Bryce a couple of posts before I loaded the ParaDos (both 1.0 and later 1.1). The ROM list of TFMs RomManager showed me the ROM name "KD". After booting the CPC the first common informations ("Amstrad Computer.... ") came to screen until initialising Slot 8 HxC-ROM. Than the CPC reboots again and again.
Did someone had experienced this before?
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Bryce

What type of CPC are you using? If you have a classic CPC6128 or a CPC464 with DDI-1 attached, then you can't replace ROM 7 without physically disabling the internal ROM 7. But you can use ParaDOS on these CPCs by installing in any position between 1 and 6. ParaDOS was also already installed in position 7 when you got the MegaFlash, so you shouldn't have had to install it.

Bryce.

Bryce

Hi all,
    I had some time to upload more ROMs to the ROM Table today, so if you are eager to try out some new stuff, head over and check out the new comers here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/ROM_Table

If you're not sure what to try first, allow me to recommend some interesting new additions:

DES -Desktop Environment System - A GUI for the CPC, more info and screenshots here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Des

Microstyles Style ROM - A few interesting utilities, but also a few mini games. The only expansion ROM games released for the CPC as far as I know.

Programmers Toolbox 1.2a - Lots of utilities for programmers.

Enjoy,
Bryce.

Gryzor

DEStext? wow, never heard of that before. Got to try it.

Also, browsing through the links and the Better than Life article, I wish ChaRleyTroniC would give some more insight about the first issue...

HAL6128

Quote from: Bryce on 11:29, 27 August 11
What type of CPC are you using? If you have a classic CPC6128 or a CPC464 with DDI-1 attached, then you can't replace ROM 7 without physically disabling the internal ROM 7. But you can use ParaDOS on these CPCs by installing in any position between 1 and 6. ParaDOS was also already installed in position 7 when you got the MegaFlash, so you shouldn't have had to install it.

Bryce.
...ahh, ok! A classic CPC6128. Therefore I can't replace. Thanks for the information.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

TFM

About ParaDOS: If you check it with "Test ROM" it will show you an checksum error, this is due to the fact that Parados doesn't use a checksum (so it can't be found). Just ignore it.

BTW: 90% of all ROMs use the same algorithm to create (and check) a checksum. You add up all bytes from addresses &C000 to &FFFE. Then you put the 1 byte result at address &FFFF. Simple, but well enough.

If a ROM has not a length of 16 KB (17 KB file), then it will not have a checksum. Quickcmd, Alpharom are such examples.

EDIT: I'm half the way through in the device (= drive) selection. But now my roommate is starting a jamming session, so I'll join them for a while :)  I love weekends :)))
TFM of FutureSoft

SyX

Great Job!!! And enjoy the weekend!!! ;)

robcfg

Got mine and works fine!

Now, when I have some time, I'll program FutureOS and some nice roms  8)

TFM

Quote from: robcfg on 09:07, 29 August 11
Got mine and works fine!
Now, when I have some time, I'll program FutureOS and some nice roms  8)

Let me know if you need some help (I'm not good in writing docs..), I'll be here with all informations you need.
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

@robcfg: Try TFMs FutureOS installation package, it installs everything to the MegaFlash automatically for you. It's so simple, even I managed it :D

Bryce.

TFM

Expected not less from you ;-)

Ok, Ver. 1.34 is out, as DSK and as ROMs. Till you find an error it's the final version :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Which one is the installation package? I had to do it by hand, didn't see anything like a "setup.msi" :D

Bryce

Did you check for FutureOS.rpm or .deb ? :)

I'm not sure where they are, TFM sent me them to test, but I don't know where you can download them.

Bryce.

TFM

You guys scare the s*** out of me! I can't find all that files!  :o

All you need is here: http://www.colorado-boys-muenchen.de/users/futureos/files/FutureOS_System_.8_Preview!!!.zip

BTW: ROManager for BASIC (disc and ROM) now have updated docs (file on dsk: -RMA.TXT).
(I update the others after this day full of work).
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

(Aahhhhh frak, and I was really puzzled about how many hits "colorado-boys-muenchen.de" was sending to the wiki! This explains it :D )

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:22, 31 August 11
(Aahhhhh frak, and I was really puzzled about how many hits "colorado-boys-muenchen.de" was sending to the wiki! This explains it :D )
Eh, well, yes, hosting my files is .... well.... at least it works  :-X
TFM of FutureSoft