News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Where can I find an external Gotek in the EU?

Started by banana, 10:19, 29 April 21

Previous topic - Next topic

banana

I'm looking to buy an external gotek from the EU as duties from the UK are too high. Does anyone know where?Can I sometime use it on an Atari ST or Amiga in the future?If it's external, how do I make it recognized as the first drive?Thanks.

eto

Quote from: banana on 10:19, 29 April 21
I'm looking to buy an external gotek from the EU as duties from the UK are too high. Does anyone know where?Can I sometime use it on an Atari ST or Amiga in the future?If it's external, how do I make it recognized as the first drive?Thanks.

- not that I am aware of. I made one myself. I used a 3.5" hard disk case. But you can also print a case if you have a 3D printer.
- yes. the firmware is identical, you only have to swap the USB stick. I have put a connector at the back of the case and can connect my Atari, the CPC and the Plus with different cables.
- add an ABBA switch to your CPC (http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/ABBA_switch)

banana

Thanks, but I wouldn't know where to begin to make one myself, I'm really not good at assembling  :-X There must be EU sellers for Goteks for the CPC, I just don't know where to find them.

ProfessorPike

banana

I'm just going to stick with the M4 I ordered and hope I can play my favorite games on it.

Skunkfish

M4 compatibility is pretty good with the M4 ROM is slot 7 or with the modified lower rom.

Also, I'm sure the Gotek from Amiga-store.eu would do the job,
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

banana

They ship from the UK, but it's a nice store.

banana

Thanks, it looks like they ship from Spain  ;D

Nemo59

Quote from: banana on 10:19, 29 April 21

I buy mine here for my CPC Plus: [size=78%]ikonsgr74 sur eBay[/size]
All perfect !

CPC 6128+ / CPM+/ Turbo PASCAL v3
https://cpcrulez.fr/auteur-nemo59.htm