News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Upcoming new batch of Symbiface 2?

Started by Ygdrazil, 09:31, 23 May 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Ygdrazil

Check this out in the German forum: (Might be time to get a symbiface 2)  :)

http://forum.classic-computing.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=34863#post34863

Regards,
Ygdrazil

Gryzor

This is really nice, though I'd prefer for development to continue instead of producing more. Of course ;)

TotO

Because, 2.5" IDE HDD is auto-powered and support 100GB HDD (more?), CF/SD adapters or Disk-On-Module...
Why not replacing the 3.5" connector with the 2.5" version ?

Horizontal Disk On Module:

Vertical:
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Cholo

Nice to know as i know a lot of people have been asking for a Symbiface 2.

Still got my old SF2 and can only sing high praise of it as it pretty much delivers everything you could ever want from a 6128/6128+ expansion  ;)

OCT

Quote from: Ygdrazil on 09:31, 23 May 12
Might be time to get a symbiface 2
Might be the last time to get a symbiface 2, as well.
The question is, will it be followed by eternal silence - or rather by an SF3, finished prototypes of which Hardwareentwicklung | Dr. Zed's evil Lab have reportedly also been around since 2008?

OCT

Quote from: Cholo on 19:03, 24 May 12
SF2 ...  pretty much delivers everything you could ever want from a 6128/6128+ expansion
Does it work on a Plus every bit like on a German CPC 6128 (50-pin "Centronics-style" connector), or are there any caveats to bear in mind on the "new" generation of CPCs?

Bryce

It should work perfectly on a 6128+. There's no hardware reason why it wouldn't.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Quote from: OCT on 21:38, 29 May 12
The question is, will it be followed by eternal silence - or rather by an SF3, finished prototypes of which Hardwareentwicklung | Dr. Zed's evil Lab have reportedly also been around since 2008?
Sad to say, but I wouldn't think so...

OCT

According to PDT on http://forum.classic-computing.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=37953#post37953 the new batch of SymbiFace IIs is currently in manufacturing. Have you heard back from either him or Dr. Zed, also on compatibility with (and availability of!) the Plus/German 6128 connectors, as well as plans for the SymbiFace3 Hardwareentwicklung | Dr. Zed's evil Lab ?

TotO

I don't understand but I always want one. XD
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 21:43, 29 May 12
It should work perfectly on a 6128+. There's no hardware reason why it wouldn't.

Bryce.
Well, there are... Now according to Dr. Zed there are some minor problems on the Plus. But nothing killing.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Badstarr

I will be getting one of these devices, I always wanted a hard disk on my CPC mainly for the novelty of seeing full motion video on my favourite machine! Of course there are many other benefits to having one of these add ons and I'm looking forward to seeing some 21st century tasks running on my CPC!

I plan on installing it inside my other 464+ machine which I have upgraded with 128kb RAM and FDD interface. So this begs the question, what are the 6128+ issues with the device?  If I need to make any mods before using it I would like to try and get everything ready so I can start using the Symbiface out of the box.  ;D
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)