News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

USB Mouse Batch.

Started by Bryce, 10:22, 16 December 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Quote from: TotO on 14:05, 04 January 12
It's nothing more than joysticks moves and fires... Why a driver? Why a game support?

That's true, it doesn't exactly need drivers, but in some circumstances, scanning the Joystick more often or in more regular intervals will improve the feeling of the mouse movement. So a slight tweak to certain games might make them easier to play with the mouse. SyXs program isn't a driver, it's a test program to read the mouse and position a pointer on the screen. It also shows you when a button has been pressed or the scroll wheel has turned.

Bryce.

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

HAL6128

Hi Bryce, after some vacation I had the possibility to test the mouse adapter (arrived a couple of days ago). It works pretty cool and it's fun to use. I tested it at the moment with OCP Art Studio.  (You have to get a little bit used with that application but than it's ok).
Thank you also for another piece of great hardware.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Bryce

Glad you like it. I find some old software (AMX Art especially) really made a mess of reading the mouse. I hope some new software will do it better.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 12:05, 04 January 12
@Gryzor: I just daisy chain the 5V with a plug/socket in the middle and connect all expansions parallel to the wires in between.

Bryce.

Maybe it's the fever I'm running, but I have trouble focusing on this sentence. Would you happen to have a photo?

Bryce

Ok, here's a picture. The right socket is the input from my power supply, the left plug goes to the CPC, the wires leaving to the left go to the next plug, then the next plug and so on...

Bryce.

Gryzor

Ahhhh I see. So it's soldering all the way, but I doubt there could be a better solution. Thanks so much!

SyX

Everybody knows that Yaiba love new High Quality CPC hardware ;D

PD:Sorry for the low quality photo, only have a netbook.

Bryce

Cool, it all seems to have arrived in one piece :)

Bryce.

SyX

Yes!!! Great package and hardware as always  :D

MacDeath

Got mine with the sweet MegaFlash...

As told, sweet package and a future(OS) full of promises for my Amstrad collection.

So what now ?
an Internet/Ethernet card ?

I crave for a CPCMMORPG.

rpalmer

Hello MacDeath,

I have developed the ethernet card and yes I am working on the CPC web browser, so soon the dream will come true!

rpalmer

MacDeath

Nice, hope a proper MMORPG will follow then.

TotO

Quote from: MacDeath on 15:06, 15 January 12
Nice, hope a proper MMORPG will follow then.
I hope not...
Already have enough peoples doing nothing on CPC.  :laugh:
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

00WReX

Quote from: MacDeath on 14:19, 13 January 12
Got mine with the sweet MegaFlash...

As told, sweet package and a future(OS) full of promises for my Amstrad collection.

Mine also arrived with the famous MegaFlash today...very nice. Thanks Bryce.
My old Schneider won't know what's hit it...VGA LCD adapter, Megaflash & USB mouse all within a week... ;D

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

MacDeath

and a good old speed king by Könix... :P

00WReX

Quote from: MacDeath on 11:54, 16 January 12
and a good old speed king by Könix... :P

Yes, that's my orginal from 1986/7...you should see how many times that thing has been repaired inside...and not the switches either, but the plastic mounts that hold the switches...must be a whole tube of super glue and various other bits of plastic stuck in there.  ???

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Bryce

That's what happens when you play too much Daley Thompson Decathalon :)

Bryce.

00WReX

Hi Bryce,

Just for interest...how many USB adapters did you end up building ?
And what countries did they find their way too ?

Same question for the megaflash and any other hardware you care to mention if it's not too much trouble.

I personally find this interesting, and it must be pretty cool & satisfying for you to have hardware you have developed sitting on desk's around the world and from what I hear, the CPC is only part of the story (although the questions above were with regard to the CPC).

Cheers,
Shane

Also, what is the device in the photo that Syx posted ?
Left is USB adapter, right is ?
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Bryce

I think there are about 30 USB mouse adapters, not really sure, because I made a few PS/2 versions for other people and didn't keep count. I built 56 MegaFlash in total, but I still have a few of those. They went to everywhere from Canada to Australia and almost every European country. But mostly to the main CPC-Countries: UK, Germany, France, Spain and Greece, but also to Denmark, Ireland, Portugal, Norway and a few others. There are also a few more of the USB adapter and my other hardware out there, because I know of several other users who built their own from the plans on the Wiki page.

The Hardware in SyXs picture is the edge connector version of the DigiBlaster v3. My version of an old passive Digital to Analogue converter for making music. You can read more about it here:  http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Digiblaster#DigiBlaster_V3

Bryce.

00WReX

Thanks Bryce...very cool.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

beaker

Quote from: Bryce on 20:04, 04 January 12
Ok, here's a picture. The right socket is the input from my power supply, the left plug goes to the CPC, the wires leaving to the left go to the next plug, then the next plug and so on...

Bryce.

Hi Bryce,

Which size jack did you use and how did you wire them in regards to the positive and ground wires? Just looking at these on ebay and wondering if they're suitable?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10PC-2-5x5-5mm-AC-DC-Power-Cable-Plug-Jack-Socket-Adapter-CCTV-Connector-PP25-/300612582316?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fde7fbac

Thanks in advance,

Beaker

Bryce

Yup, they seem to be the right ones. For the 5V connection GND is outside, 5V inside. But just so that you know, the 12V connection is the other way around, 12V is on the outside, GND inside. For the Mouse you're connecting to the 5V anyway.

Bryce.

RockRiver

Hi! mates. Finally I have free time to connect and check my new USB mouse adaptor  :) EDIT:with cheep optical mouse

I checked it in a CPC+ mouse port1 without fire modifications with the partnership of SymbiFaceII:
- SymbOS: OK
- DES (on ROM): OK but with high-speed arrow movement?. EDIT: No! really without accuracy. Why?  :( [symbiface's PS/2 mouse cannot work with DES. But Bryce's one -pseudoAMX- can do it] EDIT: the problem wasn't with DES or USB adaptor. The problem is with bad & cheeper optical mice. These have bad resolution of the movement and you cannot fit arrow with precision. I just tried with an old USB ball mouse and all is OK.
- Gunfright (ultimate): nice to play the initial shot mini-game  ;)

My intention was to use a GUI with standard CPC *.BAS or *.BIN software with direct RUN" option. Because SymbOS doesn't have this. DES allows it. Do you know another OS that can do that? Thanks CPCers for this page: http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Category:CPC_GUI
I will try these GUIs... and will tell you

TFM

If you want to check if your scroll wheel works, then you can use FutureOS. The scroll wheel is supposed to move the mouse arrow up and down. Or in an application (like the FlashROManager) the selector shall be moved up or down.  :)
You can download an autoinstaller for FutureOS on my homepage (see below).  :o

I'm looking forward to do this kind of tests by myself, but this will take some month.  :(
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus