News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Use an Amiga Modulator on your CPC

Started by Ludojones, 16:17, 16 June 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludojones

This was part of a very old thread (2011) but I wanted to try it out. The info below is for a standard classic CPC6128 but I was wondering if someone could tell me if it would be the same set up for the CPC464 to convert an A520 Amiga Modulator?
Thanks!

If so, you need to make the following pin connections:CPC Monitor Output           Function       DB23 on A5201                                        Red                32                                        Green            43                                        Blue               54                                        CSync            105                                        GND               16 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 (any one or all of these)6                                        Lum                Not required                                          12V                22                                          5V                  23Make up a cable with a 6 Pole CPC monitor connector at one end and a 23 Pole Sub-D at the other end and a flylead to the 12V and 5V supplies of the 6128 and that's all you need. The GND can be taken from the Monitor connector Pin 5 or the GND or either the 5V or 12V supply (remember that the 12V connector to the CPC is the "wrong" way around = Plus on the outer ring, GND in the middle).

eto

464, 664 and 6128 share the exact same connector and pinout. Even the Plus is identical, except for that it has 2 more pins for audio

Bryce

Those 23 pole connectors are extremely difficult to source. It's probably a lot easier to solder a 6 or 8 pole flylead directly to the Amiga Modulator PCB.

Bryce.

Ludojones

Great, thank you both I'll have a crack at this with the direct soldering route  ;D