USIfAC II:Convert a PC or USB stick to Amstrad HDD,access dsk's,and many more!

Started by ikonsgr, 08:17, 01 December 20

Previous topic - Next topic

ikonsgr

Quote from: NigeNigeNige on 16:47, 29 January 24First of all thank you for sticking with this and trying to get the interface functional for everyone.
I have just upgraded my white USFfAC II to 7c. The behaviour is much better than before - the same as @eto described, with a USB stick inserted I only need to press reset once for the board to load with a USB stick inserted, which is great!
Unfortunately when used with your 512k RAM board, this means I can't switch to "6128 mode" - once 6128.BAS has loaded, the machine resets - which then causes it to be stuck at the "and Locomotive Software Limited" prompt. So I don't think I can use any of the features of the board apart from the extra memory.
Did you try to press reset again and see if it continues? Btw, was USIfAC II functional with previous firmware, or you needed more resets/plug/unplug usb stick like with @eto cpc?
In any case, if you have a CPC464 i think that the best option is to have a ULIfAC board, which combines functionality of USIfAC II along with a RAM/ROM board and also has extra RSX commands and features (like the 256K/16XROM dual mode, instead of 256k/2XROM dual mode of the stand alone 512K RAM/ROM board)

NigeNigeNige

Quote from: ikonsgr on 19:09, 29 January 24In any case, if you have a CPC464 i think that the best option is to have a ULIfAC board, which combines functionality of USIfAC II along with a RAM/ROM board and also has extra RSX commands and features (like the 256K/16XROM dual mode, instead of 256k/2XROM dual mode of the stand alone 512K RAM/ROM board)
Previous firmware versions acted exactly like @eto described. This one is definitely an improvement.
After running 6128.BAS, when it locks up, if I press reset the computer goes back to normal, but is still in 464 mode. 
On the thread for the ROM/RAM board, I noticed there is a new version of ROM.BIN. Installing that means that I get "Command not found" when running 6128.BAS. This happens when the program hits the |SW line. Which is interesting, because |SW does work on a fresh boot.
CPC 464, CTM 644, USIfAC II, 512K RAM/ROM, FD1 & DD1, mouse, Multiface II

ikonsgr

Quote from: NigeNigeNige on 12:27, 30 January 24Previous firmware versions acted exactly like @eto described. This one is definitely an improvement.
After running 6128.BAS, when it locks up, if I press reset the computer goes back to normal, but is still in 464 mode.
On the thread for the ROM/RAM board, I noticed there is a new version of ROM.BIN. Installing that means that I get "Command not found" when running 6128.BAS. This happens when the program hits the |SW line. Which is interesting, because |SW does work on a fresh boot.
Yes, with new firmware, you should use this new version of ROM.BIN file i mention here

ikonsgr

NigeNigeNige

CPC 464, CTM 644, USIfAC II, 512K RAM/ROM, FD1 & DD1, mouse, Multiface II

Snocksman

Hi !

I´m testing around with my CPC464 and my UsifacII a bit at the moment and found here that there are several new firmware Versions for the UsifacII (I´m still on 6f)... So I want to Update the PIC, but don´t want to buy the next programming device (pickit3) if it´s not really necessary to do so... Is there a way to programm the PIC with one of the devices i have ?

- TL866II Plus
- ST-Link V2
- FT232H
- Arduino MEGA 2560

issalig

AFAIK, the last fw versions support updates without having a programmer but you need to have one of the latest versions :)

If you have an Arduino you me take a look at https://www.instructables.com/Simple-Pic-Programmer-for-68k-Mbc-and-Others/

hsimpson

ikonsgr

Quote from: Snocksman on 16:37, 20 February 24Hi !

I´m testing around with my CPC464 and my UsifacII a bit at the moment and found here that there are several new firmware Versions for the UsifacII (I´m still on 6f)... So I want to Update the PIC, but don´t want to buy the next programming device (pickit3) if it´s not really necessary to do so... Is there a way to programm the PIC with one of the devices i have ?

- TL866II Plus
- ST-Link V2
- FT232H
- Arduino MEGA 2560
TL866II plus, doesn't support 18F47Q10 i know for sure as i also have this programer. For the others, i don't know, although most probable they don't support the specific PIC MCU either. If you have older fw that don't have the bootloader for easy programming, the cheapest and easiest alternative of getting a PICKIT 3 programmer, is to send you a replacement PIC MCU flashed with the latest fw.

Snocksman

Quote from: issalig on 14:01, 26 February 24AFAIK, the last fw versions support updates without having a programmer but you need to have one of the latest versions :)

If you have an Arduino you me take a look at https://www.instructables.com/Simple-Pic-Programmer-for-68k-Mbc-and-Others/
I'm still in Firmware Version 6f.

I allready looked at that Arduino Project... It seems that the PIC18F47Q10 ist not supported.

I wrote a mail to the makers of the TL866II+ programmer, If it would be possible to add support for the 18F47Q10, but got no answer...

But i got a used PicKit3 from eBay for 10€. Should be delivered in the next days.

Snocksman

I got my pickit3 yesterday and programmed the Pic successfully with V.7c. It runs much better with my cpc464 than the previous installed V.6f.  8)

ikonsgr

Quote from: Snocksman on 07:17, 05 March 24I got my pickit3 yesterday and programmed the Pic successfully with V.7c. It runs much better with my cpc464 than the previous installed V.6f.  8)
Great! Thanks for confirming that the new board's boot code works better with the "sticky" CPC464's!
 Did you try the |X command too? Since i add it, i use it all the time with my CPC464,it surely gives you the illusion of having a CPC6128  :)

WayneBushby

@ikonsgr 

I am interested in 1 unit for my CPC464.  How do I go about ordering one and how much does it cost ?

ikonsgr

Quote from: WayneBushby on 08:00, 18 March 24@ikonsgr

I am interested in 1 unit for my CPC464.  How do I go about ordering one and how much does it cost ?

Please contact to: ikonsgr745@hotmail.com to arrange.