News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Using SymbOS with the GFX9000 (MSX grapics card)

Started by Edoz(MSX), 14:27, 27 March 17

Previous topic - Next topic

msmthng

Hi Martin, how are you?

We already sent the first 20 units. The next batch will be ready to dispatch in few days.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Tecnobytes Brasil

msmthng

I have ordered on 2nd of october and i am 41 on the list.

radu14m

Edoz(MSX)

I already received my order. So it just take some time. :D :D :D 

But first i need to have a proper cable. There is a VGA connector on it, but only supporting (very old) VGA monitors (as it is a low resolution, so i need a VGA to SCART connector first to test it! so i can hook it up to a normal SCART monitor :D Those VGA monitors are hard to get that supports this. ;)

Skunkfish

Can a scan doubler be used to support a wider range of monitors?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Poliander

It could be possible to use an OSSC for both RGB and VGA and output from the CPC and give VGA the higher priority. So only a single DVI/HDMI monitor is required for both outputs. But someone will have to test.
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

khaz

A cool thing to do, for the next revision, is to have a video input on the board. Like the SEGA 32X or Voodoo cards, the video ouput of the CPC goes to the input of the card, and the output of the card goes to the display. That way only one screen is needed to display both output, and switching from one to the other is invisible and seamless.

You lose dual screen (if that was possible in the first place) but you gain... Superposition! Have parts of the screen drawn by the CPC, parts drawn by the board. The CPC could draw an extra layer of background, or manage parts of the interface, or whatever people can think of.

pelrun

That's been asked before, go read earlier in the thread. It requires adding a *lot* of extra hardware - a full digitiser and frame buffer to genlock the second video signal. Just because the V9990 "supports superposition" doesn't mean it actually does *any* of the hard work itself. All it does is provide a 1-bit alpha mask signal on an output pin.

khaz

Fair enough. But the single output for both video chips would still be useful, to switch from one to the other easily.

pelrun

My card just arrived! Annoyingly I don't have any room to set up my 6128 right now, guess I need to clean up...

zhulien

My cards arrived!  Oddly, the warrantee is 90 days from the purchase date... which was well over 3 months ago :D

Bryce

Quote from: zhulien on 08:41, 31 January 18
My cards arrived!  Oddly, the warrantee is 90 days from the purchase date... which was well over 3 months ago :D

Legally the purchase was only completed when you received the device, not when you ordered or paid. So your warranty still has 89 days left.

Bryce.

tjohnson

Warranty is probably a bit gray when selling into a country from abroad, i think UK and EU consumer law would apply even if the seller puts 90 days when selling goods into the UK.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Bryce

The valid warranty is always the one from the country of the buyer, not the seller as far as I know.

Bryce.

Gryzor

This is always true. Goods in any country have to satisfy the laws of that country, and that goes for warranties too.

zhulien

the important thing, is the cards arrived so... I am happy to say to anyone still waiting, i am sure they will arrive soon.

tjohnson

Quote from: zhulien on 16:41, 31 January 18
the important thing, is the cards arrived so... I am happy to say to anyone still waiting, i am sure they will arrive soon.

Has anyone got anything to demo on one of these cards?

Kris

Mine arrived today, difficult to find a monitor accepting the resolution....I will need a VGA to scart to use it  :doh:

msmthng

Is there already a symbos released supporting the card? I got shipping Information today.

GUNHED

Quote from: Kris on 20:55, 31 January 18
Mine arrived today, difficult to find a monitor accepting the resolution....I will need a VGA to scart to use it  :doh:

Well, it would be neat to have a list of monitors which run well.

How can I know it a monitor works? Does the card send some kind of signal or picture?
(I should have asked PDT last weekend, but one weekend it not enough ;-))

EDIT: Mine arrived too (just the day when I went to the Mittwinter Meeting)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Skunkfish

Is it producing a 15kHz RGB signal through VGA?

If so, there's a list of monitors here that support that: http://15khz.wikidot.com/

These ones are easy to find: https://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-BL912-Monitor-Response-Resolution/dp/B00DZG2IWE/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Bryce

The V9900 chip can produce a 31.5kHz signal, but only at 640x480, all other resolutions used 15.7kHz.

Bryce.

Singaja

Would this work with original CTM644 or does require a vga monitor?

bitvision

Hi guys!
I just received my CPC-V9990 Powergraph and I didn't take into account I need a way to connect it to my CPC6128. I think I need an MX4 o a simple belt for that ... Do you know where I can buy any of those? Any online shop or anybody selling those?
Thanks!