News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

8-way keyboard connector

Started by VolkRen, Yesterday at 09:45

Previous topic - Next topic

VolkRen

Hello, I'm looking for a replacement 8-way (Molex?) keyboard connector for a 6128+ (though I think the same connector type is used throughout the CPC range). Is there a modern part number, or alternatively is anyone selling NOS? Thanks!

SerErris

Unfortunately every CPC had its own keyboard connector. So no - you need to find one. 

I am not aware of the 6128+ connector, do you have a picture? 

It might be the same 2.50 mm connector. So one idea would be to build a new connector (whatever fits the solder joints of 2.50 mm) and then find a modern connector.
Proud owner of 2 Schneider CPC 464, 1 Schneider CPC 6128, GT65 and lots of books
Still learning all the details on how things work.

eto

I bought some connectors in the past and I am almost sure it works, but I never replaced them on the motherboard but used them for a keyboard extension, so this is with some uncertainty:

For the CPC compatible connectors can be found on AliExpress when you search for FFC or FPC 2.54mm. You need a connector which is ten pins wide. Make sure you select "straight pins". E.g. this offer looks good to me, maybe someone can confirm: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005004201081679.html

Afaik Plus and CPC share the same type of connectors (actually it's even possible to connect the Plus keyboard to the CPC and vice versa with an extension cable).