News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Video failure

Started by landex, 19:50, 18 April 14

Previous topic - Next topic

landex

'Hi to all,

Iam new here. Ibought a cpc464 and it seems that the screen every 2, 3 sec shacks with the scart cable. And if  I put  a Video adapter it doesnt shakes anymore but of course the colors are B/W.
Anyone knows  why?

TFM

Hi and welcome here. Did you try another monitor?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

landex

i dont have a monitor,  only TV ;(

landex

I think i found the problem: My LCD TV its too modern. Can it be?

Bryce

Hi and welcome,
         unfortunately your TV isn't able to lock on to the exact sync frequency the CPC is producing. Video adapter is a very broad term, which type do you mean? If your TV has S-Video, it might be worth trying to connect via that?

Bryce.

landex

On S-Video works, but only B/W.

Bryce

If it's B&W then it's not S-Video, your TV is only detecting or displaying the Composite part of the signal. Without hardware like this: Limited batch of new S-Video Adapters. you can't get an S-Video signal from a CPC.

Bryce.

landex

Quote from: Bryce on 14:03, 19 April 14
If it's B&W then it's not S-Video, your TV is only detecting or displaying the Composite part of the signal. Without hardware like this: Limited batch of new S-Video Adapters. you can't get an S-Video signal from a CPC.

Bryce.

Sorry Bryce, you right: it is not S-Vide, its composite.

Now I try , connect the scart on my  VCR input, ad it stil B/W. Only if I connect the scart directly to the TV i get color, but it shakes.

I have a E-motion plasma TV.

TotO

Probably your VCR need to set the input signal type from the scart cable.

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

landex

What if i buy a Scart -> Vga cable to connect the 464 to VGA input of my TV or  Monitor?

Has anyone try it?

TFM

Quote from: landex on 22:36, 18 April 14
I think i found the problem: My LCD TV its too modern. Can it be?

Absolutely, that can happen. Maybe you can check with a monitor or tv at a friends place, then you know that CPC and cable are ok.

Quote from: landex on 15:21, 19 April 14I have a E-motion plasma TV.

Yep, all this emotions can shake a pic quite well! :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

landex

Quote from: TFM on 18:17, 19 April 14

Yep, all this emotions can shake a pic quite well!
:)

I see it must be the  bloody TV

Thanks a lot to all

TFM

Try to get an old Sony Trinitron. Reliable and superb picture.
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Does the TV have a seperate S-Video input (4 pin round connector) ?

Bryce.

landex

Quote from: Bryce on 20:12, 19 April 14
Does the TV have a seperate S-Video input (4 pin round connector) ?

Bryce.

No, it has not S-Video input.
But is has Component Video, 3 inputs: Y, Pb, Pr

Bryce

Then there's a good chance that the S-Video pins in the SCART socket aren't connected. The TV definitely isn't suited for retro use.

Bryce.

landex

Quote from: Bryce on 13:29, 20 April 14
Then there's a good chance that the S-Video pins in the SCART socket aren't connected. The TV definitely isn't suited for retro use.

Bryce.
Which S-Video pins in the Scart should be connected?

landex

I read that some scarts needs a 1,5V battery in the 16pin of the scart

TFM

Quote from: landex on 13:09, 20 April 14
... 3 inputs: Y, Pb, Pr

Y = Yttrium
Pb = Lead (Plumbum)
Pr = Praseodynium

... nice mix of elements  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TotO

Here, how the MP2 look to handle the signal from the CPC to the Scart out.
My friend iXien let me see inside, because it allow to get a sync picture on his LCD screen. (not the schematic usually found on internet)

[attach=2]
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

That's just adding a voltage to pins 16 (RGB select) to keep the TV in RGB mode and pin 8 (Aspect ratio) to force the TV to 4:3 format. are you sure about the value of R23? I would have thought it would need to be a bit larger.

Bryce.

TotO

Sure, but not only.
Some schematic on Internet said to use the luminance signal too. Look to be wrong.

I understand, but yes... Both are orange, orange, brown, gold resistors.

Bryce

I don't think I've ever seen an official schematic for the French MP-2.

Bryce.

TotO

I was surprised to see so few things inside.
There are the PSU part close to the PCB with this dirty hack (many straps) instead of the expected parts drawn on it.

landex

i try my cpc with a CRT TV and it  works fine ;D
Bloody Plasmas!