[New] "Serious" CPC Basic 1.1 Application: Pattern Maker

Started by Bytebreaker, 23:06, 22 June 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Bytebreaker

Hello guys,

as some of you might remember from watching my Basic demos, I am obsessed with lines and patterns and thus love the CPC for its capability to create them with a few Basic commands.

While coding some line patterns for myself, I thought this could be done easier with a proper application and then I would also have something in my hand I could entertain my children with which even they can use on their own.

So I started coding the "Pattern Maker". See attached what this tool is up to. You can draw stars, line patterns and forms (triangles, squares, boxes, circles, elipses). The array that contains the object faces/star spikes is limited to 50 as with 24 faces you already have a circle. So using more than 50 faces will make the program cause an overflow. Further, you can draw boxes (4 edges) only in "forms mode". In "star mode", you can draw stars with 3 spikes (triangles), 5 spikes (pentagram) and upwards to 50 spikes. But 4 "spikes" will result in a cross, not in a square.

I would greatly appreciate if some of you really use this program and create art with it. Why not post it here so we all can see some results. You can save and reload your pictures and you can edit/continue working on existing forms and pictures.

I hope this is fun to you and you have another reason apart from games and demos to "use" your CPC with this "application".

Run"-disc and by all means read the manual (main menu entry 7) to understand the parameter parsing.

EgoTrip

I love these shapes, especially the explosion one. Geometry is awesome.

Gryzor

Ha, who would've thought this would be so fun to use :D

Bytebreaker

Oh it makes me really glad to hear such positive feedback.  ;D

Gryzor

Quote from: Bytebreaker on 18:17, 23 June 16
Oh it makes me really glad to hear such positive feedback.  ;D

Well, I think you cornered the market for star generation on the CPC! :)

AMSDOS

I like the big googly eye.

[attachimg=1]
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3