News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

A new text editor for AMSDOS

Started by litwr, 18:56, 05 August 14

Previous topic - Next topic

litwr

A new text editor for Amstrad CPC is just released - http://litwr2.atspace.eu/cpc.html - it is easy, does not intended to work with the printer, has the help information.  It should work with any text file.  The only limitation is the amount of free memory - it may use up to 30 KB at CPC6128.  This editor was developed as part of Xlife-8 project.  It is not intended to be perfect.  It was developed because there is no other text editor for AMSDOS which may work with any text.  Protext may load any text file but its format for the save is generally not the plain text.  :( Protext also works only with unwrapped long lines.
I used this editor with an email letter. :D
Thanks for the support!

TFM

When using Protext just switch to program mode and you can save in plain text.  :)

To enter program mode just enter "prog" in the command window.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SyX

Great Work!!! :)

It's a small tool that works perfectly and being your first CPC program, i'm going to repeat again... GREAT WORK!!! :) :) :)

litwr

I've just found a critical error.  :o :( So use this editor only to test it.
Quote from: TFM on 20:30, 05 August 14When using Protext just switch to program mode and you can save in plain text.  :)

To enter program mode just enter "prog" in the command window.  :)
I'm very sorry I missed this.  :(  Thank you!
Quote from: SyX on 21:29, 05 August 14
Great Work!!! :)

It's a small tool that works perfectly and being your first CPC program, i'm going to repeat again... GREAT WORK!!! :) :) :)

Why do you flatter me?  ;)  It is just a simple notepad even without copy-paste functions... However I am very proud by several details which are made slightly better than at Protext: you can always move cursor right left.  :D  BTW it is not my first program for CPC, it is the second.  The first one is in Assembler and still not announced.

litwr

The bug is fixed.  :) It was in the load procedure (a problem with gosub stack). So I am 99.9% sure that Notepad+4 is free of big bugs now.

TFM

Quote from: litwr on 05:32, 06 August 14
I'm very sorry I missed this.  :( 

Never mind, it's worth. You did an awesome job.  :)  Looking forward to see this project evolving.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SyX

Quote from: litwr on 05:32, 06 August 14Why do you flatter me?  ;)  It is just a simple notepad even without copy-paste functions... However I am very proud by several details which are made slightly better than at Protext: you can always move cursor right left.  :D  BTW it is not my first program for CPC, it is the second.  The first one is in Assembler and still not announced.
Because is important to support new developments ;)

litwr

Quote from: TFM on 17:30, 06 August 14

Never mind, it's worth. You did an awesome job.  :)  Looking forward to see this project evolving.  :)

Thank you.  :) I need the bug reports, the suggestions, ... in order to make the evolution.  ;)

Gryzor

This is nice, I like simple utilities :) Only thing that bothered me was the line flicker.

litwr

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:29, 21 September 14
This is nice, I like simple utilities :) Only thing that bothered me was the line flicker.
Thank you!  :)  This flicker appears because LDIR is not fast enough.  :D  This is only a fast and dirty thing, the first for its kind...  ;)

litwr

I've just updated the editor to revision 5.  No important changes but the project is still breathing.  :)  I used this editor to make several email letters...  ;)  BTW it is also released for other platforms: Commodore +4 (http://litwr2.atspace.eu/notepad+4.html) and Russian home PDP-11 BK0011 (http://litwr2.atspace.eu/bk/np4bk.html).

TFM

Excellent! BTW. You missed the poll for the languages of the CPC.... Take a look ;-)

Languages of the CPC!

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

This is nice and cute :)

Tolkin

Hello,
i love this little proggy. More than enough for writing short Info-Text when i need to.

I tried to start it from a ROM Conversion. But I failed.  :(

Then i looked in the code, and the lines are longer than 254 Characters...
OK, so iam stuck...

Can someone show me a direction? I tried using the "1.27 Softbrenner" but i wont work...

Thanks for help

SOS

Quote from: Tolkin on 17:21, 03 March 17
I tried to start it from a ROM Conversion. But I failed.  :(

Then i looked in the code, and the lines are longer than 254 Characters...
OK, so iam stuck...

Can someone show me a direction? I tried using the "1.27 Softbrenner" but i wont work...
Softbrenner: "Softbrenner 1.27 is a ROM utility by WSX to write ROM images .."
and that's the main problem.

So you need a "ROM-Image". You must create one ourself (i dont know, if a program exists, to create one automatically, i do not think, that one exist).

Added 21:42:
I see, someone put NP4 into a ROM, take a look to the CPC-Live-Forum...

Tolkin

Hy, one Part of the Softbrenner can convert Programs to ROM. Normally it worked very well.
I will contact TFM, maybe he can give me some advice.
Thank you
Tolkin

litwr

Quote from: Tolkin on 08:11, 05 March 17
Hy, one Part of the Softbrenner can convert Programs to ROM. Normally it worked very well.
I will contact TFM, maybe he can give me some advice.
Thank you
Tolkin
Try to use NP4SRC.BAS instead of NP4.BAS which is compressed by BPC. NP4SRC is a bit slower (about 5%) and give a bit less memory but it has lines with normal length.