News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

AMSDOS or CP/M Terminal Emulators

Started by TCMSLP, 21:35, 24 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

TCMSLP

Hi All,

I'm trying to find a terminal emulator for either AMSDOS or CP/M, running on a 464.

So far I've tried Ansiterm (seems to crash on startup, I can't find a manual) and others for example Easycomm (fails due to needing Basic 1.1 commands).

I've found a few possible solutions under CP/M but can't figure out how to convert the files into floppy images for the HxC.  CPCDiskXP seems to think CP/M files are ascii, or wants to add amsdos headers if they're binary.  Neither option sounds correct :)

If anyone can assist getting a decent terminal running on a 464 I'd really appreciate it.  CP/M disk images with software (for example MDM740?) would be a huge help.

A video of my first attempts using the 'terminal' command in ROM (original Amstrad RS232) can be found here:-
Amstrad CPC Packet Radio - YouTube - this is not ideal as the formatting seems a little off plus the backspace/del key doesn't work.

I play to use this for both packet radio (as per video) and a terminal for a Linux server.

Steve TCM/SLP

TFM

Yes, you can treat CP/M files like ASCII, they don't have a header. They just need to end with the file extension .COM

Packet Radio with CPC? Wow! Pretty awesome!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

AMSDOS

I can have a look at Easycomm if you like, to see if I can patch a 1.0 version of it.

Can you attach a disk image of it?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

TCMSLP

Thanks for the offers of help.  I'm now not sure if it's a BASIC 1.1 issue or these programs assuming >64Kb RAM.

Things are currently on hold as I now have PSU issues to deal with :(

AMSDOS

Quote from: TCMSLP on 12:12, 25 July 15

Thanks for the offers of help.  I'm now not sure if it's a BASIC 1.1 issue or these programs assuming >64Kb RAM.

That would make it difficult if the 464 only has 64k. I haven't been able to take a look at it cause it doesn't seem to be coming up on any of the usual websites.

QuoteThings are currently on hold as I now have PSU issues to deal with :(

Of course that is a pain.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3