News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Announcement: UberCassette V0.04!

Started by Spirantho, 20:15, 16 March 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirantho

Hi everybody,
First post here. :)
I thought people want to know that I've added Amstrad CPC464 support to my UberCassette program - which takes WAVs and spits out CDTs et al. I know there's several apps out there to do this already but mine works slightly differently internally (I think!), and supports C64, VIC-20, C16/+4, Acorn Electron, BBC, Sinclair Spectrum as well as the Amstrad. It also comes with full POSIX-compliant source, and contains binaries for Windows, Linux x86, AmigaOS 3, AmigaOS 4, AROS PPC, AROS x86 and MorphOS. It's just a command-line program at the moment though, because of the emphasis on portability.
Could people give it a whirl? I could do with lots of feedback, I don't have much in the way of Amstrad tapes, but I've managed to convert three standard loading tapes so far.

The website is at:
http://www.retroreview.com/iang/UberCassette/
Any feedback would be grand!
Thanks!
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (but it's a nEt not a nIt!)
Ian Gledhill
Mutant Caterpillar Games Ltd Retro Store for repairs and sales of 8-bit and 16-bit retro systems and software

Bryce

Hey, not bad, that's a serious amount of computers and OS's you've covered there. Oh and welcome to the Wiki Forum.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Announced on home page. Thanks for taking the time to let us know :)

chrd

Quote from: Spirantho on 20:15, 16 March 11
Hi everybody,
First post here. :)
I thought people want to know that I've added Amstrad CPC464 support to my UberCassette program - which takes WAVs and spits out CDTs et al. I know there's several apps out there to do this already but mine works slightly differently internally (I think!), and supports C64, VIC-20, C16/+4, Acorn Electron, BBC, Sinclair Spectrum as well as the Amstrad. It also comes with full POSIX-compliant source, and contains binaries for Windows, Linux x86, AmigaOS 3, AmigaOS 4, AROS PPC, AROS x86 and MorphOS. It's just a command-line program at the moment though, because of the emphasis on portability.
Could people give it a whirl? I could do with lots of feedback, I don't have much in the way of Amstrad tapes, but I've managed to convert three standard loading tapes so far.

The website is at:
http://www.retroreview.com/iang/UberCassette/
Any feedback would be grand!
Thanks!
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (but it's a nEt not a nIt!)

Interesting, I'll be sure to have a go at this and report back any nasty errors (if any) I encounter  8)

Cholo

Just had a go with a frem unprotected Amsoft titles and it works just great.

To encode an amstrad game, type something like:
Quoteubercassette chiller.wav chiller.cdt -machine amstrad

I write this as i had a good guess on what "machine" type to use .. and funny enough using "amstrad" wasnt my first guess .. or even my second guess  :laugh: As first i tried without any machine type (hey it might be automatic) and second i tried "spectrum" (as ive encoded lots of amstrad tapes with partial help of spec software and tzx basicly is the same as cdt).
Of cause the "amstrad" bit is all explained at the site (doh!), but if you are lazy like me and dont get around to checking files untill weeks after downloading them and cant recall where you got it from then you probably end up guessing as well, especially as the usual "-help" dont show the "amstrad".